rotovator parts

• 19 Replies

dave2402

rotovator parts
« on: July 10, 2006, 22:59 »
Hi ,anybody out there help me out,do any of you know of any rotovator parts links or info, ihave a flymo DM with abriggs and stratton engine 3.5 hp,everything was fine till the gearbox gave up on me,so now am looking for said gearbox any info ,i would be most grateful,tried all usual routes but to no avail ,cannot even find Flymo's telephone number,many thanks Dave.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
rotovator parts
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 23:36 »
Hi Dave, the only peson I really know for parts is Chester Hudson at Tillerparts, but he isn't cheap.  However, here is the Flymo website, maybe they can help

http://www.flymo.co.uk/

Gwiz

rotovator parts
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 05:48 »
i have never worked on the flymo so im not sure how the gearbox works. have you taken it apart? some of the drives had an internal chain, and some times the chain would snap under load, or the link pin would fall apart with age. it would be much easier to get a chain part than a gearbox methinks........ :D

shaun

howard 350
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 17:50 »
i have been given a howard 350 and was wondering if anyone knew where i can get some replacement tines as the ones that are on it are worn down to nothing,
when i got it a couple of weeks ago it had 20 years of grime all over it and wouldnt start.so i dropped it off at a mates house where he has cleaned it ,painted it ,changed the condenser points and plugs and hey presto it starts now with half a pull i'm made up with it but need some tines,i have tried our local places but nowt doing
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
rotovator parts
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 23:41 »
Hi shaun, we have a 350 in bits in the garen, but I don't think OH will let you have any, as he is supposed to be restoring it.  He did get new times for it local to us, but they are quite heavy, so I don't know about posting them to you.  He's in bed now, but I will try to remember to ask him details tomorrow.

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 21:26 »
take a tine and bar to a wrought iron gate type black smith  makers and have them knock you up a set i paid £55 for a full set of 8 beut job they was to , just a point for all those who are doing up these old machines .please do not get them grit blasted and then have the guys spray paint them with the paint they use ,its near impossible to get a different coat of colour paint to stick
red lead/oxide them yourself then get the right paint in wet from diy stores dont use hammerite its dodo and more expensive than normal metal paint
still alive /............

shaun

rotovator parts
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:43 »
thats what i done karl ,i shopped around for tines and the cheapest i could find was £75 plus the vat (that was a full set with nuts and bolts).so a mate of mine made a set for nowt. another thing  i need is a off switch as its missing (using the choke at the moment), been told you wire it up to the points then a length of cable up to a push-switch to earth it out on the chassis or handles. is this correct ?
next thing is a ridger or plough attachment have you got a pic of a 350 with the plough fitted ?
i got the paint from burgess they do a few colours for old machines not cheap mind it was £18 for 2.5L
these were the dealers for howards and can still get bits but are not cheap
http://www.burgessae.co.uk/index.html

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 12:56 »
do you have a solid type spark plug cap .if so swap it for a circle clip and then take a piece of light metal and bend it in to shape that you can drill a small hole in the engine head fins and bolt it through so that when you put it across the spark plug head it grounds to the engine this wil stop it .i dont like messing about with changing wires here and there it just adds to more things to go wrong, i wouldnt use the choke to stop the engine as this IMO can add to damage to the engine as this causes the head to flood  and may cause you even more starting problems , take the plug top off gwiz might have another idea you can adopt

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 13:00 »
http://www.classiccarsbreaking.btinternet.co.uk/

FOR SALE; BROTT Sit-on Flail Mower with roller, Briggs and Stratton engine, Norton gearbox, tiller steering - £100. Also Howard Cultivator with Plough attachment - £50. Both very rare collectors' items. Tel: 01689 862718 (Kent). (22/10)
try here it may still be for sale mate

Gwiz

rotovator parts
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 13:20 »
yup thats right, you simply run a wire from the points to earth via a switch.
 old suffolk punch lawnmowers had the same system as karl described, only it was a fixed springy metal strip that attached under one of the cylinder head bolts. push it down onto the spark plug top and presto... stop swich without any wires. :D

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 14:24 »
there ya go .like minds think alike or words to that affect /effect

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 14:52 »
keep an eye on ebay search howard ,. flymo. rotavators , briggs and stratton ,cultivators

shaun

rotovator parts
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 21:47 »
think i will go for the wire and switch thingy.whats the name of switch am i looking for graham ?

muntjac

rotovator parts
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 21:53 »
any 12 volt car 2 pole switch wil do just find one that will mount easy or make a mounting box for it

Gwiz

rotovator parts
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04 »
you can get a proper handlebar mounted switch so its right up there by your thumb when it all goes pear shaped and you need to shut it off quick!
central spares do a replacement for the expensive ransome one, if you like i will have a look and see what i could get for you.

xx
ROTOVATOR PARTS REQUIRED

Started by steels on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2008, 12:27
by Gwiz
xx
rotovator spare parts

Started by mugins on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 21:36
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
where to get parts for a honda f600 rotovator

Started by hthry on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post October 12, 2015, 21:38
by dorimower
clip
mountfield rotovator what model or where to get parts or fixed??

Started by dfereday on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 23:54
by jezza

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 37 queries.