new washing machine

• 31 Replies

8doubles

Re: new washing machine
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 15:48 »
Just a word of warning - after a rather costly experience this weekend. Check the warranty on the items you're buying VERY carefully, not only does the length vary by manufacturer but also from the supplier you buy from.

I bought ML a £350 Zanussi dryer from AO.com 19 months ago, it failed over the weekend. Phoning zanussi I find it only has 12 months warranty and they won't help. If I'd have purchased from John Lewis it would have had 24 months as standard and I could have had it repaired or replaced.

I now have a very expensive paper weight and a hoover machine on order with JL.

There used to be a consumer rights clause on the guarantees that stipulated a cost to guarantee length .
Might be worth a check !

Growster...

Re: new washing machine
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 18:51 »
We're really looking at the cost of new Hoovers and similar, and saying to each other 'Why bother with the concern of it going wrong, it's only four or five lunches down the pub these days, and zod the insurance thingys'.

Not great economics, but it makes life somewhat easier and we sleep well.

Can't really afford to chuck money in all directions, but these big companies are only big because they rip you off, so do it all on your own terms, think of England and don't worry too much!

Blimes, I can remember when we used to RENT a television...

question
Nespresso Coffee Machine

Started by compostqueen on Kitchen Natter

42 Replies
Last post February 22, 2016, 15:40
by wapello

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 33 queries.