RIP moulinex mixer

• 5 Replies

Janeymiddlewife

RIP moulinex mixer
« on: January 15, 2012, 22:37 »
It died tonight, been together 25 years, it was a present when I left home - almost shed a tear, but then discovered they still make similar yay!!!
Will replace it with a new model ASAP  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: RIP moulinex mixer
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:12 »
hope your new one lasts as long  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01 »
We still regularly use a Kenwood Mini hand-held mixer we 'bought' with Green Shield stamps in about 1974!

Isn't it odd that nearly everything bought back then was either brown or orange - or both...

cheshirecheese

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46 »
... not only were they 'brown or orange or both', isn't it strange that things from way back when are either still working or only just giving up the ghost after decades of faithful service!  Not like the five minute wonders produced these days.   I had the misfortune to lose my old faithful, also a Moulinex, last year, which I replaced with what appeared to be an excellent buy from Sainsbury's ... FIVE speeds instead of three, plus a turbo boost!!  No wonder it was in the sale - even on the slowest speed, you cover yourself and the kitchen with the contents of the bowl  >:(

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 20:15 »
... not only were they 'brown or orange or both', isn't it strange that things from way back when are either still working or only just giving up the ghost after decades of faithful service!  Not like the five minute wonders produced these days.   I had the misfortune to lose my old faithful, also a Moulinex, last year, which I replaced with what appeared to be an excellent buy from Sainsbury's ... FIVE speeds instead of three, plus a turbo boost!!  No wonder it was in the sale - even on the slowest speed, you cover yourself and the kitchen with the contents of the bowl  >:(

Quite true Cheshers!

Mrs Growster inherited a slow cooker from her mum, and the instruction book was all brown and orange and little else...

But - er - didn't I have a couple of brown suits back then...

Yup...

And one had wide lapels that you could land a plane on...

The other one had a lovely waistcoat and was in the same tweed that we had our chairs covered in several years ago!

Auntiemogs

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 00:11 »
[The other one had a lovely waistcoat and was in the same tweed that we had our chairs covered in several years ago!
And moving swiftly on..... :D (hehehe, u owe me Zia)...I just realised my Kenwood Excel is now 28 years old and still going strong (apart from the 2 years when I thought it was broke because I didn't realise it had a cut off switch  :nowink:). I would say 'they don't make 'em like they used to' (and indeed, I just did), but I can still get parts for it. They deffo don't make them like they used to.  :D
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

xx
Kitchen aid mixer

Started by Scribbler on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post September 25, 2016, 09:53
by chrissie B
xx
Kitchen Aid Mixer

Started by LILLILEAF on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post October 07, 2017, 06:47
by LILLILEAF
xx
Food Mixer

Started by Eblana on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

15 Replies
Last post October 22, 2012, 16:57
by joyfull

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.