wobbly chicken

• 2 Replies

bclampton

wobbly chicken
« on: June 20, 2017, 18:25 »
I have a ~Cotswold black tail chicken.  She was given to me as the only one to survive a fox four years ago.  She must be about 6.  She is a fantastic layer, looks a picture.  Her feathers are beautiful and none are missing.  She is the boss of the coop and puts everybody in their place.  She has as good appetite for corn and pellets.  She will kill for tinned sweet corn and has a very good appetite.  Apart from a few weeks in the winter she has laid non stop and produces a lovely large brown egg.
Lately she has wobbled when out.  Just wobbles and her wings move down to balance her.  Her legs look good and there are no blemishes on them.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is wrong.
Beryl

LILLILEAF

Re: wobbly chicken
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 18:34 »
Are the chickens up to date with there vitamins?,is she drinking plenty of water,in this heat she may be dehydrated,
I had one like that last year,so I put all the poultry on vitamins in there water,which was poultry drink,as long as they are drinking there may be some hope you can get her back to good health,it worked for me and my birds,then a few weeks later I wormed all the birds,all are well at the moment. Lillileaf

Sassy

Re: wobbly chicken
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07 »
Could be many things. Certainly worth considering Lillileafs suggestion. She may have had a stroke. Perhaps you should consult a vet?  :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

question
wobbly chicken

Started by simes42 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 23, 2011, 18:44
by tstainesmoore
xx
Wobbly chicken sat on her bum !

Started by Kwakali on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 31, 2012, 22:24
by joyfull
xx
wobbly chicken and diarrhoea

Started by smudger699 on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post September 24, 2010, 11:17
by CattinJ
xx
wobbly chick

Started by sarah f on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 13:37
by sarah f

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 38 queries.