Eglu cube didn't arive !!!!! : (

• 41 Replies

wolverine

• Experienced Member
Eglu cube didn't arive !!!!! : (
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:01 »
Two weeks since the order which for 25 quid is steep delivery charge for rubish service and it still didn't turn up spoke to omlet and the said it will be here next Monday!!!!! I have an e mail saying it would be here yesterday no I have a 3 week delivery at 25 quid anyone else think omlet are taking the micky????? :mad:
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

compostqueen

Re: Eglu cube didn't arive !!!!! : (
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:18 »
Omlet are usually eggsellent! If you're unhappy then you should tell them so. They might refund your £25 as a goodwill gesture but they can only do that if you let them know you're unhappy  :)

I was looking at a cube the other day. They are big  :ohmy: 

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31 »
Definately have a word, they are taling the mick, without a doubt. Dont be all British about it, get on that blower and tell them your chickens are living in your shed as they now have nowhere to ive as they failed to deliver on time.   I love a good phone barney....its amazing what refunds you get if you just speak up. For £25 I'd want it delivered by the Omlette MD dressed in a chicken suit!!!! Bit steep  >:(
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

Jae Dawn

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:04 »
  I think you should call them as well and complain!   I also would follow it up with a letter posted to them as well telling them of your inconvience and trauma of having to figure out a solution at the last minute.   

I heard they were going to try to market in the U.S..  If their customer service is like this, the American's will have a huge reaction to bad customer service!   

Let us know what happens!  At least you got the cube at the old price instead of £100 increase that they started on Friday!  :dry:

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 12:32 »
didn't know they were 100 pound more now I paid 620 with two meter run including what has now become a speedy 3 week  delivery do they make them to order?? they don't sound big on the dimentions. However my girlfriend bought the egglu for her guinea pigs and it's much bigger than we thought it would be ha ha oh well I guess I'll just have to get more chickens to fill it I want to hatch some when one goes broody anyway 

NormandyMary

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 17:18 »
didn't know they were 100 pound more now I paid 620 with two meter run including what has now become a speedy 3 week  delivery do they make them to order?? they don't sound big on the dimentions. However my girlfriend bought the egglu for her guinea pigs and it's much bigger than we thought it would be ha ha oh well I guess I'll just have to get more chickens to fill it I want to hatch some when one goes broody anyway 

HOW MUCH???!!!!!!I hope you get load of eggs!

NormandyMary

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 17:28 »
Sorry, that last post sounded rude. It wasnt meant to be, I was just gobsmacked that they charge so much. I had a look at their website, the cube looks an ideal piece of kit. Im just astounded that they have the cheek to charge for delivery too!
Anyway, I hope that your chooks are very happy in their new home when it finally arrives. I see that Omlet aim to deliver within 7 days. You should be able to get your carriage charge back if you complain enough.

Mary.

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 17:42 »
Yeah I know it sounds expensive but my wooden one was getting me down and that was making chicken keeping a ball ache with the constant poultry shielding and not getting anywhere as far as the mite war was going. I want my chickens to be fun again and not a burden. I just hope for the money it's as good as they say. As far as complaining is concerned I really don't have the energy to row with them about it I just want my coop!!!!!  :(

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 17:58 »
I've had a lot of dealing with Omlet over the years and they are generally very good.  Do tell them you are not satisfied with the service.  They are keen to maintain a good reputation.

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 18:09 »
I have e mailed them and let them know so we shall see what happens does anyone know if they make them to order or not that's the only way I can imagine It would take that long

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 18:22 »
  I think you should call them as well and complain!   I also would follow it up with a letter posted to them as well telling them of your inconvience and trauma of having to figure out a solution at the last minute.   

I heard they were going to try to market in the U.S..  If their customer service is like this, the American's will have a huge reaction to bad customer service!   

Let us know what happens!  At least you got the cube at the old price instead of £100 increase that they started on Friday!  :dry:

oh my god they have put them up by 100 quid!!!!!! that is bad what the he'll is omlet doing that is pure greed!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 18:25 »
They market in the USA already.

Plus: Germany, France, Ireland and Netherlands.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 18:28 by Aunt Sally »

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 18:44 »
Got a response from omlet they said they are waiting for a part !!!! That's fine but wish they would let me know before the delivery date at not only after I complained  :(

Thingy

• Experienced Member
  • Budding Animal Behaviourist :)
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 19:36 »
thats not really that fine. They should have specified sooner that a part may be late.

I would still ring them, try and get the delivery charge refunded as, well, it hasn't been delivered ^^
When the wolf lays with the lamb, I fear for us all

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 12:07 »
to top it off omlet e mailed me today to tell me the money was being taken out of my account and when I checked the amount they had charged me the new increased delivery price of 35 pound ha ha because they were waiting for a part and the prices have gone up since I ordered !!! spoken to them and sorted it they said it was a mistake.  but the cheek of it !!!! :mad:

xx
New Eglu Cube Owner

Started by jn on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post June 25, 2011, 10:27
by joyfull
xx
what's a reasonable price for a second hand eglu cube?

Started by wolverine on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 17:55
by AL Hathaway
xx
Why didn't I do this before?

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post November 25, 2015, 16:21
by nerdle
xx
Nancy and the new girls just didn't get on

Started by Spacey on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 07:52
by Spacey

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.