gas bottle log burner

• 21 Replies

Goldfinger

Re: gas bottle log burner
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:10 »

Now there's a thought,

If I can get hold of one of those 'fat' gas bottles, not the tall slimmer ones, I'll see if I can make an incinerator.  :happy:

It may save trips to the tip, and I then could put the 'cooked' soil back on the land....

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27 »
shame you don't live near me - we have several of the taller ones and the shorter ones. We cant return them as the companies for these bottles no longer exist  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

Goldfinger

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37 »
shame you don't live near me - we have several of the taller ones and the shorter ones. We cant return them as the companies for these bottles no longer exist  :(

Our local recycling centre accepts them. But they won't give you one to 'recycle', or even use as a deposit on a new one.  :tongue2:

Could you not take yours to one?

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58 »

Joy, they're being pinched by metal thieves in some places, (it was on our local news the other evening!

You may get a price for them from a licensed dealer!

And he'd take them away!

burbage123

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 15:26 »
The next one I make is for outside it’s a much larger bottle about 4ft. ill get some pics up soon.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 13:11 »
the majority of yards will not and should not take them if they are complete, they usually have signs showing no pressurised containers and pictures of various gas bottles. They will take them once they have had the regulators taken off and then purged for a very long time by filling with water.
Whilst propane isn't as flammable as some gasses you do still need to be careful.
Having said that we do have several free to anybody - assorted sizes including the large 47kgs. The companies are no longer in existence so nobody to return them to. i will have to check out our local amenity site.

ilan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 21:32 »
Scrap yards will not take them if they are even recognisable as gas bottles they have to be cut up now into at least 6 parts a leading supplier will sue any one defacing one of there bottles
This is the first age that has ever paid much attention to the future which is ironic since we may not have one !(Arthur c Clarke)

xx
Wood burner

Started by dodgy geezer on Property, Buildings, Equipment and Alternative Energy

33 Replies
Last post March 01, 2013, 09:30
by The Silver Surfer
xx
wod burner out of action

Started by rowlandwells on Property, Buildings, Equipment and Alternative Energy

1 Replies
Last post February 21, 2018, 21:13
by grinling
xx
Open fire or wood burner

Started by mrs mud on Property, Buildings, Equipment and Alternative Energy

43 Replies
Last post October 09, 2012, 03:11
by Trillium

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 35 queries.