Secret Chuck Lover

• 4 Replies

chuckmad

Secret Chuck Lover
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:42 »
I've been really really busy the last couple of weeks and not able to give my ladies the attention they deserve. Dont worry though they are getting fed, watered and changed.
But I was feeling a little guilty as I've only had time to do exactly that (and with a lot of help from the OH)  :(.
Also they have devoured every piece of grass in their run and go nuts to get out the door when I go down.  So I began to feel even more guilty.  Got the OH to cut the lawn and through in some grass to them  ???.
As you all know the weather is atrocious lately (I think my ladies will soon have to masquerade as ducks  :D) so I have been cooking up veggies and peelings and when i have time giving it to the ladies as a treat (to ease my guilt and warm them up).
I was discussing all this with the OH last night and discovered that he has been giving them a feed of corn every day when he collects the eggs. He throws it in to distract them.  So after all my torment, it turns out the ladies are better tended to than me and I have a secret chuck lover. TYPICAL  :mad:.

jinty1911

Re: Secret Chuck Lover
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 19:57 »
My other half has his rabbits and I have my chucks but he dives out of bed every morning to let them out, feeds them treats when he thinks I'm not looking AND tonight gave  them meal worms when I said they had had enough.   :mad: Had to tell him to butt out.  THEY ARE MY CHICKS NOT YOURS.  Just a wee domestic  :D  :D
Jinty 

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 19:58 »
I'm suffering from chook withdrawal at the minute too. I work 12 hour shifts and this time of year I leave before they get up and they've gone to bed by the time I get home. I have to leave it for my OH to see to them, but I know what you mean about feeling you're neglecting them.

grenhouse

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 17:56 »
When I was a kid living at home my mum never let me have animals as she didn't like them. I had a tank with two fish int it and that was it. I moved out and built a chicken run in my garden, now whenever she comes round, before coming in she goes and talks to the 'girls'! I think chickens can really make anyone love them!

Steve

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 16:32 »
I think you're right.  Even my other half's 17 year old daughter and her friends think chickens are "cool" and whenever she has friends around who haven't met them before the first thing she does is show the gang to her visitors!

Not bad for someone who was adamant before we got them that she would have nothing to do with them because she didn't like "their little beady eyes, comb and wattles"!
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

xx
Secret egg stash!!!

Started by lmpd on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post December 11, 2011, 11:39
by loam ranger
xx
The Secret Life of a Broody

Started by Spana on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post April 29, 2012, 21:05
by rosie14
xx
found the secret stash!!

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 23:06
by GrannieAnnie
xx
The secret life of Mabel

Started by PaulineM on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 19:54
by PaulineM

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 35 queries.