help

• 20 Replies

jackiestagg

• Experienced Member
nasty rabbits
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 21:37 »
Theres some stuff on the market called Silent Roar made of lion poo that's supposed to work - has anyone tried it? How would an english rabbit recognise lion poo is what confuses me.
I wish I had rabbits. I have to pay for them and me and the cats love rabbit casserole.

Trillium

help
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 22:49 »
Predatory animal poo and urine is very high in residual protein since the animal eats nothing else. Along with the animal's particular hormones in the manure, smaller animals are able to smell this, especially herbivores like rabbits and give the space a wide berth thinking that a dangerous predator is in the district and it's not worth dying for. Even composted, the specific smells linger on strongly.
Oddly enough, non-egg nor dairy vegetarians say they can smell the meat smells on the skins/sweat of non vegetarians. So if a vegatarian gives you the pinched nose look, it's probably because you stink to them.  And please don't give me grief over this as I've been told this by several vegetarians.

muntjac

help
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 00:30 »
thought this may interest you folks . but i have the suffolk wildlife park on my doorstep in the village and they had a slight problem a couple years back with rabbits digging under the boundary hedges ,nothing strange about that ,well it so happened one of the boundary hedges was just feet away from a pen containing the leopards ,, i mean 3 ft inside the field close lolo and the rabbits didnt give a toss
http://www.suffolkwildlifepark.co.uk/template.php?languageId=1
still alive /............

Trillium

help
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 04:21 »
Guess it depends on just what the rabbits were so desperate to get at on the other side of the fence. Bewitching lady rabbits?  :lol:
Seriously, many folk here have had luck with the zoo poo as we call it here. It's the racoons that thumb their noses at everything. Only thing that keeps them out is electric fences, and people who want to harvest their sweet corn do go to all the trouble to put it up and plug it in. We do at the farm. The racoons keep coming all through the night testing it over and over; we know this through the frequent squeals. Same with the deer.

noshed

help
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 21:23 »
Wot about pies?
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Trillium

help
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 22:05 »
The electric charge is only enough to zap them into retreat, not kill them. Otherwise, we'd be up to the barn roof in critter bodies. They ALL check out the sweet corn, over and over. Even the very bold beavers who have now made a huge dam on the pond by the barn will check it out when the corn is almost ready.

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 35 queries.