The price of vanity

• 17 Replies

mrs bouquet

The price of vanity
« on: May 31, 2018, 16:52 »
I've done it - and I only had an appointment for a chat at 12 noon, left at 3.30.
I have had fillers, under my eyebrows and slightly above them, at the corner.
Above my cheeks, and under them.   In the lines running down from my lips and just abovethem on the corners.
And a skin tag removed from under one eye.
Then a different lady, to have my wonky lips outlines and made to look a better shape and very slightly fuller.
I must say, red and very bruised that I am, I think it looks ab it better already.
Some of it was a little bit painful, and the lips very painful.   They continually covered my face with lidocaine and a professional antiseptic cream.  I have to take 8 arnica tablets every 2 hours and apply the cream, for 1 week.
Oh, the price (although they did give me a good discount) and the pain - As I say the price of vanity   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I didn't expect this today.  regards, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The price of vanity
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 18:13 »
Injections and fillers aren't for me, but if the staff were properly qualified to do them, and you are happy with the results, then that is all that really counts, isn't it :)

Hope it stops hurting soon  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 18:55 »
I did spend a long time, searching out the clinic I wanted to go to, it is a very high end one, and they have many awards and certificates for their work.  The place was spotlessly clean, and there were a lot of clients including men.
A couple of places I previously check out were so horrid and grubby I wouldn't even sit down.
Regards Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 22:46 »
Hope it all works out for you, as mum says not for me. I dread having cataracts develop as I hate anything to do with eyes....shudder.....
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:43 »
"I dread having cataracts develop as I hate anything to do with eyes....shudder....."

Me to...although everybody that has had it done says it is a very easy procedure with great results.

Toosje

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:47 »
Funny this. A few weeks ago I started doing some muscle training in my face because I thought age was starting to show to much. I must say it works :) Less.... soft on spots where it should't be so soft and my lips look fuller again.

Hopefully your sore spots will reduce fast mrs Bouquet and you will be pleased with the result!

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:56 »
I must admit it's something I wouldn't have done, but each to his own, and if it makes you feel better and more confident, then it's money well spent.

Hope your new look is all that you want it to be.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 15:05 »
Hope it is not uncomfortable for too long, Mrs B  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 19:19 »
I look like a bad accident now  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I knew I would.  Its not so painful now and I have been using the arnica and crème as instructed.  I haven't been out anywhere though, and I need some shopping, so tomorrow I shall drive a few miles up country to a little village that has a good co-op.  Nobody there will know me.     ;) ;)  Mrs Bouquet

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 09:58 »
I hope it all works out for you, it's quite a brave decision to have made.......but.........

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 13:37 »
"I dread having cataracts develop as I hate anything to do with eyes....shudder....."

Me to...although everybody that has had it done says it is a very easy procedure with great results.
Having just had my first op, I was very nervous but apart from the necessary two injections it was totally painless. The results are absolutely staggering and well worth having done.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 15:23 »
I hope it all works out for you, it's quite a brave decision to have made.......but.........

It really doesn't matter if we see before and after pics, it's what Mrs B herself sees in the mirror that counts.
If she's happy with the end results, then it was worth it   ;) She really doesn't have to prove anything to us here.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 01:12 »

It really doesn't matter if we see before and after pics, it's what Mrs B herself sees in the mirror that counts.
If she's happy with the end results, then it was worth it   ;) She really doesn't have to prove anything to us here.

Thanks for your input, I'm sure mrs bouquet is quite capable of responding herself if she thinks my light hearted post is worthy of a response,  and will thank you for taking offence on her behalf, If indeed she thinks that taking offence on her behalf is of merit.
Once again, thanks for taking offence on someone else's behalf.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 09:09 »

Thanks for your input, I'm sure mrs bouquet is quite capable of responding herself if she thinks my light hearted post is worthy of a response,  and will thank you for taking offence on her behalf, If indeed she thinks that taking offence on her behalf is of merit.
Once again, thanks for taking offence on someone else's behalf.

I read your post as light hearted BR, but then I saw nothing implying any offence taken in MoS's post.  Maybe I just don't take offence easily.  It is quite a useful quality to have at times for a mod  ;)

Anyway, Mrs B all power to you and I hope once the bruises heal and you don't have to travel incognito to neighbouring village for your shopping, you will knock 'em dead at the WI with your new look  :D

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 10:56 »
I hope it all looks as you want it to when things settle down. You're braver than me, Mrs Bouquet.  :)

And remember, You're only pretty as you feel

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
Price rises

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post February 27, 2022, 17:47
by grinling
xx
Price for an allotment

Started by Love154 on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post October 22, 2021, 23:52
by Stewarty
xx
trying to find the correct price

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2022, 07:14
by GraciesGran
xx
the price of potatoes [eating]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 06, 2018, 22:24
by grinling

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 52 queries.