Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2018, 14:10 »
With the hot weather, I've mostly been getting out quite sharpish, so any morning posts are a bit on the late side, like today.
The tomatoes have been pruned and tied up, allotment watered and a bit of hoeing , peas and raspberries picked,  :ohmy: Home for a cuppa and a cheese and HG tomato in a HM roll. Life is good..

Hope your day is as good :D
Lesley x
I'm not good, I'm not bad - I'm just me, and sometimes I have to apologise for that ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2018, 08:46 »
Morning  :)
Much cooler today, so wondering what to do first now it's actually cool enough to do something  :lol: :lol

There's a lot of potting on to be done, or should I take the overdue library books back  ::) Decisions, decisions - first another cup of tea ........

Have a nice day!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2018, 11:25 »
Working today, but at least it is a bit cooler.  Had some very hot, sap draining days at work recently that have left me feeling a bit like a damp dishcloth  :(  At least I don't do a big commute these days.  That is hell in this weather.

We have a chance of showers later.  Fingers, toes and everything else crossed here  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2018, 13:09 »
I forced myself to get up when I woke at around 6.30 & was at the plot by 7.30 as itís another scorcher here today. By 10. 30 I was homeward bound & ready for my late first coffee of the day, done a fair bit of what I wanted to do,but thereís more, but then again there always is isnít there. After said coffee I went in search of cucumbers in case there was some Iíd missed  & ended up winding the toms round the strings & side shooting them & taking some vigorous leaves off. So now Iíve had lunch itís a case of shall I do more gardening related jobs, wash the kitchen floor,finish the ironing or pod the broad beans?

Growster...

« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2018, 20:07 »
Hey!

As we don't watch the awful bbc any more, the news comes via the PC/Ipad, and that's that!

So what is happening? Is there a football match somewhere? Dunno really.

As for us, we have a clutch of library books to devour. I'm on Stella Rimington's novel 'Present Danger', (fantastic writing, I'd love to meet such a great woman), and Mrs Growster is up for M.C Beaton...

So there it is...;0)

snowdrops

« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2018, 20:40 »
Hey!

As we don't watch the awful bbc any more, the news comes via the PC/Ipad, and that's that!

So what is happening? Is there a football match somewhere? Dunno really.

As for us, we have a clutch of library books to devour. I'm on Stella Rimington's novel 'Present Danger', (fantastic writing, I'd love to meet such a great woman), and Mrs Growster is up for M.C Beaton...

So there it is...;0)

Shame youíre not in the WI Stella Rimmington was the guest speaker at the recent WI AGM, she was signing books as well

Goosegirl

« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2018, 11:37 »
Life's very good here too. Had my other cataract removed on Wednesday, patch came off yesterday, and today I can see the wires coming from the pylons in the very far distance!! My cheap reading specs are great for close-up work. Did a lot of watering last night so am twiddling my thumbs at the moment wondering what to do that doesn't involve bending down, and rejoicing in my Lavender Hidcote that's in a tub by the window which is  flowering its little heart out! 
I love cooking with wine, and sometimes I even add food!

snowdrops

« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2018, 07:42 »
That must be lovely for you GG & when i read on your thread about your op it made me less frightened if I should ever need that op, so thank you.
Up reasonably early this morning, off to our local Soap box Derby today down the towns Main Street,itís a hill which is essential for the soap boxes, our daughter enters it so we have a good laugh. Round to hers after for a bbq, then our little granddaughter is having a sleepover which should be fun, sheís such a character, bless her sheís just develop stutter, her little brain is going faster than her mouth can keep up.

Growster...

« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2018, 11:21 »
Had to come in from cutting the hedge, it's just too hot and draining out there!

The project is to reduce a 7ft holly/laurel hedge by about half so I can easily cut it with the lighter battery trimmer. It took an hour and a half yesterday to do a strip 10ft long, so there's at least another two days work...:0(

Goosegirl

« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2018, 12:43 »
Growster  DON'T! I'll get very cross if you pass out and hurt yourself in this heat. I went out earlier and phew! If it gets any hotter I'll have to take my thermals off!  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2018, 16:14 »
Growster  DON'T! I'll get very cross if you pass out and hurt yourself in this heat. I went out earlier and phew! If it gets any hotter I'll have to take my thermals off!  :lol:

I was wearing a Kent County Cricket Club sun hat polo shirt and shorts, Goosey - in no particular order..;0)

Today - Monday, just about finished it all in the cooler afternoon.

Got an idea.

The inch thick stems of the laurel and holly are all now about 4 ft high, and pretty well bare. I've cut all the dross away.

There are four larger 'trunks' of ash and holly etc at regular intervals, and as the cut hedge is still a couple of feet deep, I reckon a good idea would be to wire/tie all these bare - but alive - stems in bunches, and then tie them back to the bigger stuff. This will reduce the depth.

This will also mean that the additional strength will be there, and I can trim it all to shape as it develops. Of course, the wire will be there forever, but so what? It's no different to growing a hedge over a rusty old fence, and after a few weeks, you won't see anything anyway! The hedge cutter will be working well away from the stems.

Well that's the latest plan anyway!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 20:03 by Growster... »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2018, 09:24 »
Now it's cooler, and rainy outside, I think I'll actually start catching up with the housework, especially the ironing  :D I've not been doing much indoors, in the heat, most of my energy was spent watering the allotment and garden  ::)

Growster...

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2018, 10:01 »
Now it's cooler, and rainy outside, I think I'll actually start catching up with the housework, especially the ironing  :D I've not been doing much indoors, in the heat, most of my energy was spent watering the allotment and garden  ::)

Great minds an' all that Mum!

Mrs Growster has just tackled all the ironing, and persuaded me to clean all the windows upstairs...

xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2696 Replies
Last post October 10, 2017, 07:24
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 42 queries.