Morning all :)

• 203 Replies

madcat

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2018, 09:37 »
Started with a damping down (much needed!) but the sky is brightening up.  It will be nice by lunchtime, so chores this morning and we will see this afternoon ...
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2018, 09:49 »
Awake at silly oclock(4) then couldnt get back off, I think cos little granddaughter was sleeping over, she was up at 5.30 so Im tired now, shes gone home so it might be a rest day today.

Growster...

« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2018, 19:49 »
Our front garden is designed to have just shrubs and a wilderness floor.

I'm planning to mow it to knock the ivy etc', out, and Mrs Growster asked me a few minutes ago, whether I'd done it!

Totally forgot, but the lawn looks great, and so does the kerb stuff outside The Turrets!

Plot 1 Problems

• Experienced Member
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2018, 21:28 »
Admittted defeat with my homegrown aubergine plants which never recovered from a flea beetle assault so replace them with store bought plants, first time I've done that :(
Bit of weeding and then wandered off home as it was getting dark.

snowdrops

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2018, 22:01 »
Admittted defeat with my homegrown aubergine plants which never recovered from a flea beetle assault so replace them with store bought plants, first time I've done that :(
Bit of weeding and then wandered off home as it was getting dark.
I germinated some aubergines then fried them in the greenhouse in the first wave of hot weather 🙄 so I bought 2 & theyre romping away

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06 »
Up bright and breezy but it's a drizzly start to the day, so indoorsy stuff on the 'to do' list.

Cat's got her grumpy head on, cos the door is shut, I let her out and she runs straight back in  ::) Can't win can I?
Have a good day  :)
Lesley x
I'm not good, I'm not bad - I'm just me, and sometimes I have to apologise for that ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2018, 10:19 »
The cat here has a grump head on this morning as well.  Much prowling about and moaning, but after stuffing his face and sitting on my knee for a bit, he stalked off to bury himself in the duvet.

I've left him to it and gone to work :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2018, 12:48 »
JRT keeps chasing bees, andhasn't learned what happens the last time she ate one...

I spied the biggest grass snake I've ever seen this morning, down on The Patch! It was basking on a section of old greenhouse, and while I couldn't see its head or tail, it must have been at least a yard long, and its girth was as big as the average salt cellar!

Sadly, one got caught in a net a few years ago, and presumably a fox got to it before I did, but this feller was a monster, and with beautiful colouring! I wish I'd had my camera, but with a very, very long telefoto lens..:0)

snowdrops

« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2018, 14:14 »
JRT keeps chasing bees, andhasn't learned what happens the last time she ate one...

I spied the biggest grass snake I've ever seen this morning, down on The Patch! It was basking on a section of old greenhouse, and while I couldn't see its head or tail, it must have been at least a yard long, and its girth was as big as the average salt cellar!

Sadly, one got caught in a net a few years ago, and presumably a fox got to it before I did, but this feller was a monster, and with beautiful colouring! I wish I'd had my camera, but with a very, very long telefoto lens..:0)

Ooh yuk, Id have been back at the Towers quick as a wink, Im terrified of snakes.
My cats are grumpy today as Im not letting them past the kitchen door today as someone left a deposit on the doormat! I think I know who it is as shes feeling sorry for herself.

xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2696 Replies
Last post October 10, 2017, 07:24
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 38 queries.