Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

madcat

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2018, 09:38 »
I'm tired from busting a gut doing my 2 jobs this week for considerably less than £100k a year  :lol:

If Growster has his way, there will be a well paid vacancy in Kent asap.  Fancy a move east?  :lol:

Cloudy start to the day.  Chores for the morning and hopefully it will brighten up later when I want to play out doing planters (whisper it - flowers!) around the house.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2018, 12:43 »
Anyway back to chit chat.  Its a bit overcast and dull here, but dry.  I'm contemplating a plot visit and a garden pottering session, but haven't got going yet.  I'm tired from busting a gut doing my 2 jobs this week for considerably less than £100k a year  :lol:

You go gettem, News!

£100k is an absurd amount anyway, but my giant chum Keith, another lovely (and argumentative as well as gorgeous) lady chum and I are due to give them both barrels soon, especially as the police here are well behind us, but not being political, KCC are just awful...

Growster...

« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2018, 12:48 »
Madcat, we are seething about the incompetence at the moment, and would you believe that on a local media site, some residents even think we should 'get a life'. Pathetic really, but dross gets swept out eventually.

Perhaps the alternative is preferable in their case, and a nice plywood box awaits them...

Our group doesn't care a monkey's about comments anyway!

(Growster, we've warned you before, don't do this sort of haranguing. - Mods)!

sorry

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2018, 09:19 »
Well I didn't make it to the plot yesterday, but had a productive time at home sowing some more beetroots in modules, plus khol rabi. fennel and various greens and salads for catch crops as stuff like overwintering onions come out.

I am going today, but I think the soil will be too dry to do much.  I'm hoping for some broad beans to pick at least  :)

madcat

« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2018, 09:26 »
Me too - but lots done at home.  Today is warm and cloudy, so it is pot on the sage, take some bay and rosemary cuttings (in hope) and prick out lettuce and basil.  Oh and feed the troops ....  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2018, 13:45 »
Yesterday, I managed 3 hours on the plot, but paying for it today  ::)
So like everyone else it's a pottering about day - I've been sorting out the seed box to find what's next....
so some seed sowing and putting the garden dahlias into bigger pots and a couple are going into the border (if I can dig the holes  ::) )
 :D :D Happy days!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2018, 14:16 »
Yup, I'm a bit crocked today after trimming about 200' of my privet hedging which is at least 6' high over the last couple of days.

Worst 50' still to do, including having to squeeze my aching bones behind the shed, so I'm telling myself it's too hot now to do it today - tomorrow looks sooooo much like the better bet!  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2018, 06:53 »
It's Mrs Growster's big 70th  birthday today, so it's a morning of chaos, then up to 'The Queens' for lunch!

Welcome - The Queen's Inn Hawkhurst

May even celebrate by spraying the paths with Roundup..;0)

Two balloons have already burst!

snowdrops

« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2018, 07:19 »
Happy birthday Mrs G.
I was up super early for some unknown reason, I thought about going out & sorting the greenhouse out, potting on the last tomatoes into final positions, but the heavy mist has put me off, looks like it’s going to be a scorcher when it lifts. Need to get in that greenhouse v.soon though.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2018, 09:23 »
Mornings!
Happy Birthday to Mrs Growster, I hope you both have a lovely lunch.

I was up bright and early for some reason, so bedroom curtains and spread now washed and on the line  :) another lot in the wash m/c as well.

Coffee next and then garden needs strimming and mowing..

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2018, 12:36 »
Happy birthday Mrs G. 🎉 💐 🍰

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2018, 09:38 »
Mornings  :D
Bright and sunny here so it's a working in the garden day. My allotment is fairly tidy the garden is an absolute mess though, a bit embarrassing as my garden is in front of the house  :blush:
Finish my cuppa and start...

Have a good day!

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2018, 19:22 »
My jungle sorry garden is at the front of the house too, I leave it a bit wild for the wildlife (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Always something to do on the allotment but that really is my happy place but today got dragged into a patch that our U3A gardening club look after at a local community centre.
The Ox eye daisies had really taken over so we pulled loads up leaving a few in the middle (well they were crowding other plants) only to see a photo of them and a remark of how lovely they were when I looked on the centres news page. opps  :lol:

Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

Christine

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2018, 20:16 »
Grandson said let's go to Orkney. He lives in Thurso and I live about 11 hours down the railway line. Two days travelling there and back - never been on most of that railway line so it was novel and am used to long distance rail. I did remember some of Orkney - and between us we managed to lay out a tour for when his parents go up in a couple of weeks time.

Terrible tour guide on coach round island - driving good but verbal diarrhea and a lot of it inaccurate. As the boy said when we left the island - well I know where he lives (who cares but he told us as we went passed his house when he had nothing else to say). Mind boggles but not to ask.

We met some of the Dutch fellow travellers next day looking for puffins at Dunnet Head lighthouse. Norman and his dog who run a coffee shop with decent paintings was closed with it being Sunday but grandson was hopeful he might be open. Having lived inland of a lighthouse that the RAF use as a marker for training runs and which still sounds in bad weather I have no great affinity with lighthouses.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 20:17 by Christine »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2018, 08:56 »
Sitting in greenhouse drinking my first cuppa and it started spitting  ::) I thought I was plotwards bound this morning, but it doesn't look like it right now  :dry:

Oh well! Housework it is then  ;)

Are we in for a soggy Sunday? Have a nice one everybody.

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 52 queries.