On my usual wander round the garden with my first cup of tea,

• 4 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
I saw that the tops of my narcissi and daffs looked weird. On closer inspection they were half-covered with baby slugs munching away on the flower buds  :mad: Doesn't look as if I 'll have many flowers this year, if any, Just soo annoying, when there is other stuff they could have eaten instead  ::)
So far they have left the tulip buds alone - s'pose I can only hope that will continue.

Apart from pick them off there's not much else I can do, in this weather, is there? I might try something constructive with a plastic bottle and some slug pellets, later, just to keep the population down!

Growster...

It's been quite a good year for daffs, but you're right, they are getting nibbled (or nobbled) a bit more than usual!

A chum on The Moor here, who has a superb display of daffs you can see for miles, reckons they're nearly over for now, but he assures me that we're in for a start for Summer next week, so it's not all bad!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
he assures me that we're in for a start for Summer next week

I'm not holding my breath, you understand, but I am keeping everything is crossed, while hoping the forecasts are right  ::)  :D

Eblana

My daffs and Tulips appear to have escaped but on my morning stroll I stopped at the greenhouse and found two large snails and a slug munching on my seedlings so they have been dispatched.

Growster...

he assures me that we're in for a start for Summer next week

I'm not holding my breath, you understand, but I am keeping everything is crossed, while hoping the forecasts are right  ::)  :D

Mum, trust me, he's always right! 'The Moor' speaks righteuosly! It's the oldest common in the land!

xx
Round up or Glysophate?

Started by Riala on General Gardening

57 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 10:08
by Aunt Sally
xx
Growing flowers all year round

Started by trogg on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 15:44
by arugula
xx
half round baskets and planting help

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 19, 2011, 19:57
by mumofstig
xx
Rolawn blended loam topsoil - good all round soil?

Started by Colin1 on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post July 18, 2011, 16:27
by daisy1990

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 36 queries.