Fishing Season 2018

• 69 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Fishing Season 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 16:47 »
So last thing last night and me mate phones and twists me arm so we ended up at Bank House at Caton, Lancaster. Pretty cold to start so thought Cats Whisker and fish a little deep until my mate caught first cast and red n black buzzer! Quick change to Hares Ear nymphs and almost straight away a bite but couldnt hook it, a few hours later and 5 missed knocks I finaly hook into a nice 3lb Rainbow, with just hour to go hooked and landed 2 more around the 1.10lbs mark, not a bad day in the end.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

MarkC

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 17:39 »
Haven't ventured out yet, only thought about it.

Might think about a day on the Tay but not yet, too cold! New 11'3" grilse rod for Christmas, won't be seeing any action on the Tay in spring though  :D

Work party scheduled for one of my more local rivers later this month, always a good day out, someone usually falls in or drops a chainsaw in the water......

8doubles

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 19:28 »
Haven't ventured out yet, only thought about it.

Might think about a day on the Tay but not yet, too cold! New 11'3" grilse rod for Christmas, won't be seeing any action on the Tay in spring though  :D

Work party scheduled for one of my more local rivers later this month, always a good day out, someone usually falls in or drops a chainsaw in the water......
As you say there is always one ! :)
Do you find a local pub after for a post work party pint ? ;)

Aled

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 09:35 »
Yes club work party days, note to self, do not forget chest waders this year.
Some good fishing Aidy.
Tight Lines
Aled

MarkC

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 15:17 »
[..[/quote]
As you say there is always one ! :)
Do you find a local pub after for a post work party pint ? ;)
[/quote]

The nearest pub is several miles away, the beat is pretty remote, so sadly no.... :(

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 12:42 »
So as I mentioned we (my mate) and I was fishing on Monday up at Bank House. As we were setting up he mentioned he had bought a new reel  ??? (he has so many reels its untrue! Reel fetish).

So why you bought a new reel I ask, well he said it cost next to nowt and it is brillient was the reply. He showed me the bearings etc, feel how smooth the drag is and he went on and on and all for £18  :ohmy: I was pretty shocked, as it happend it was from a company called Maxcatch, as it also happened I have few bits from them and have performed very well for the low cost, so I have now bought 2 of these reels to replace my dated ones, gotta say I have been impressed with them, had my daughter pretendng to be a big rainbow in the garden and the drag was awsome, so smooth and very controllable, easy to switch from left hand to right hand and sits in the rod perfectly, nicely balanced too.

Right then now to plan the test fishing trip  ;)
mc eco.jpg

Green Thumb

• Domestic energy comparison
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 19:20 »
I have had three matches so far this year on the Ouse below York. Its not been good fishing so far, 2 blanks and last match 5oz which was good enough for 5th place (had a small roach in less than a minute, if only the match only lasted 60 seconds!) Conditions haven't been great with snow water in the river, plus a lot of salt being washed in from the roads. It will hopefully pick up for the last 2 matches of the winter league, despite the 2 blanks i am still in 6th place overall with every chance of catching up on 1st place with 2 good results. Am already looking forward to the spring and getting out for a bit of fly fishing and some overnight sessions after carp.

8doubles

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50 »
I have had three matches so far this year on the Ouse below York. Its not been good fishing so far, 2 blanks and last match 5oz which was good enough for 5th place (had a small roach in less than a minute, if only the match only lasted 60 seconds!) Conditions haven't been great with snow water in the river, plus a lot of salt being washed in from the roads. It will hopefully pick up for the last 2 matches of the winter league, despite the 2 blanks i am still in 6th place overall with every chance of catching up on 1st place with 2 good results. Am already looking forward to the spring and getting out for a bit of fly fishing and some overnight sessions after carp.

Coarse winter league matches are like banging you head against a brick wall, nice when you stop !
Did it for years and it was hard work for not a lot of fish !
Would i do it again ?
Hell no ! :)

Aled

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26 »
Hard work match fishing, and a lot of commitment. Good on you for having a go.
Cheers
Aled

Aled

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 11:40 »
Season started on the river Tywi on April the 1st: Well a sea trout of around 10lb has been caught on my clubs stretch, and some good brown trout have also turned out. I'm hoping to get time to go out this week.
Tight Lines All
Aled

My clubs web site link: Cymdeithas Pysgota Llandeilo Angling Association - Home

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 16:30 »
tight lines Aled

I have been wanting to get out for a few weeks now but have this tennis elbow and every time I try a practice cast its painful so have to wait for it to sort tself out.

Meanwhile a mate is pulling them out for fun at the moment!  :(

Aled

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 16:38 »
Aidy have you tried glucosamine cream? It was suggested to me by a young doctor, who said it may work for you or may not! The best £9 I ever spent for the inflamed tendons I had in my knee, I did my second ever sprint triathlon on Sunday!
Tight Lines
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22 »
Aidy have you tried glucosamine cream? It was suggested to me by a young doctor, who said it may work for you or may not! The best £9 I ever spent for the inflamed tendons I had in my knee, I did my second ever sprint triathlon on Sunday!
Tight Lines
Aled
will defo look into into it. cheers

Green Thumb

• Domestic energy comparison
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 11:22 »
Have managed to get a couple of sessions done on my syndicate lake, have had 2 twenties and a thirty (31lb 5oz)!

They still haven't woken up properly, with very few fish showing so am pleased with my catches so far.
20180423 - 31lb 5oz common left.jpg

Aled

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2018, 11:57 »
Cracking fish Green Thumb.
Tight Lines
Aled

xx
Fishing Season 2022

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post October 11, 2022, 17:09
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2020

24 Replies
Last post October 28, 2020, 16:26
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2023

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2023, 10:20
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2017

130 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 22:03
by Offwego

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 51 queries.