beneficial gut bacteria help.

• 4 Replies

LILLILEAF

beneficial gut bacteria help.
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:21 »
I know most people love yogurt,i am not one of them,i have tried thin ones thick ones fruit/plain,expensive/cheap ones,are they really good for you?.i have tried 99% of them!
I am just getting over a horrible time of gastroenteritis,now i have a kidney infection.
Having not had much to eat this past 3 weeks,so i need some nice bacteria back in my gut to get me back on track,i really need some help with this,any suggestions other than yogurt??.
Your help in the past has been brilliant on what ever subject i chuck your way.Lillileaf.

grinling

Re: beneficial gut bacteria help.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:42 »
look at the keifer posting.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41 »
I've just started making milk kefir, which I'm afraid does taste like yogurt.  However, it's also possible to make it with coconut milk/coconut water (see link below), and water kefir grains are also available.

The milk kefir is incredibly easy to make, so I would imagine that the alternatives are too, and contain far more beneficial bacteria and yeasts than yogurt.

AM  :)

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/milk-kefir/dairy-free-kefir-options/
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:04 »
Do you like smoothies Lilli?  You can blend yogurt into these and never know it was there. 

If you don't fancy this or the kefir, rice water is an age old remedy from India to help people recover from digestive illnesses.  Cook white rice in a ratio of 1 part rice to 4 parts water for 20-30 minutes and strain off the liquid.  It should be cloudy with starch at this stage.  Rice water is very gentle on the digestive system, can be blended into all sorts of drinks if you don't fancy drinking it neat and encourages healthy gut bacteria.

Hope you feel better soon  :)

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 12:15 »
Like you i hate milk based drinks as they are far to sweet.
I buy acidophilus plus capsules from the herb shop that are slow release and go right into your gut with 1,000000s of good bacteria.
Ask in your local health food or herbalist shop
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 34 queries.