Reused and repurposed 'second life' inspiration

• 51 Replies

Beekissed

Re: Reused and repurposed 'second life' inspiration
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2016, 12:49 »
 :lol:   It's me.  Though my 82 yr old Ma helped me get the tin nailed to the rafters, trimmed and then caulked so it wouldn't leak...she's small enough to get on that roof without any chance of harm coming to it!   :lol:  But, the rest was just me.

My life is pretty simple, so I have more time than most.  Kids are grown, no job except for being Mom's live in companion(I was a nurse for 20 yrs but haven't done that for the past 5 yrs), no husband, no TV, no desire to travel, shop, or otherwise expend time out there in the world.  I do have time to help people when the need arises and also to spend time with the grandgirls.  God has blessed me richly through and through. 

It's a wonderful life!!!!   :) 

Aled

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2016, 13:56 »
Lovely BK looks brilliant.
Cheers
Aled

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2016, 20:17 »
Your granddaughters face is just beaming with joy and no wonder.  That is a fantastic play house  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2016, 20:32 »
:lol:   It's me.  Though my 82 yr old Ma helped me get the tin nailed to the rafters, trimmed and then caulked so it wouldn't leak...she's small enough to get on that roof without any chance of harm coming to it!   :lol:  But, the rest was just me.

My life is pretty simple, so I have more time than most.  Kids are grown, no job except for being Mom's live in companion(I was a nurse for 20 yrs but haven't done that for the past 5 yrs), no husband, no TV, no desire to travel, shop, or otherwise expend time out there in the world.  I do have time to help people when the need arises and also to spend time with the grandgirls.  God has blessed me richly through and through. 

It's a wonderful life!!!!   :)

Haha sounds like your mom needs keeping an eye on if she's still climbing on roofs aged 82. 😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Beekissed

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 03:18 »
You kiddin'?  I can't keep her OFF the roof!   :lol:   She's always up on one roof or another doing something! 

When she isn't doing that she's mowing, weedeating, moving brush, cleaning, etc.  She never stops working and moving and I'm running tired just trying to keep up with her, but I never succeed.  She's too active for me.  She also dances with two different groups two or three times per week. 

snowdrops

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21 »
Wow, it sounds like what ever she's running on you need to can that & market it, I'll have a bucket load if you can export it over the pond 😄

Beekissed

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2016, 11:48 »
 :mad: 

Found a new place to scavenge for free wood for projects, particularly outside projects as most of the wood is treated.  Lowe's has these sections of wood 3-4 ft. x 2.5 in. x 2 in. with a slight groove cut into one side that they call "stickers", which they receive between shipments of drywall...and they throw that wood away!   :wacko:

When I found that out, each time I am in that store I check for these stickers, either inside the store at the back entrance in a cart of other debris to be taken out or outside the store in a pile(these are often gone quickly, so I have more luck inside the store). 

These could be used to make nifty little raised beds, garden benches (http://removeandreplace.com/2015/04/22/diy-20-easy-wooden-bench-project/), steps, etc. 

I'm currently building a stoop for the front of my coop out of some of these and some old 4x4s found in an ancient lumber pile that my Dad had stored here on the land.  That's a free stoop, except the hardware screws, so I'm pretty delighted.

Between these and deconstructed pallets, I have free wood for projects of all kinds now and I'm tickled!   :D

xx
New life for an old matress

Started by missycat on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post May 28, 2010, 22:14
by missycat
xx
Mini greenhouses - life expectancy

Started by Ema on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post April 25, 2013, 14:41
by Ema
xx
Free Lincolnshire Life Magazines and others?

Started by GrannieAnnie on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post April 04, 2015, 23:37
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 35 queries.