Hip revision 8wks post op.

• 15 Replies

LILLILEAF

Hip revision 8wks post op.
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:56 »
Well its now 8wks on i have been to phsio twice this time they are very good they are doing every thing to help my recovery which is a pleasant surprise last time i had a hip replacement,the person in phisio was totally hopeless was not interested at all.
I do the execises 3-4 times aday,also going for a walk my goal at the moment is to do 6000 steps in a day, i have only just started 3 days ago i am up to just under 4000 steps,i put an app on my phone which shows what i have done.
 So i am getting fitter and stronger i did some light work in the garden yesterday pulling up the tall weeds no bending needed :D.
 But as for house i really cannot manage :D :lol:,hubby will have to keep at it a while longer ::).Lillileaf

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: Hip revision 8wks post op.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:18 »
Well one to you Lillileaf. Great to hear how effective the physio is this time too... it does make such a difference if the person seems interested in your recovery doesn't it?

What a shame about the housework  :nowink:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:27 »
Yay - sounds like you are doing really well  :D 

Glad to hear you have your priorities right as well - light work in the garden over housework  ;)  :lol:

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 16:01 »
Reminds me of my caesarian, instructed not to do work like vacuuming for some weeks....... 26 years later that is still mainly someone else's job!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 16:22 »
Well done, you really have worked hard after this op 8).  You deserve to really be on the mend now, but housework, erm could be dodgy  :nowink:  I havn't really done much for the last few weeks, too hot, couldn't be bothered, too busy, loads more excuses,  and of course, I am just lazy  :lol: :lol:  Take it easy. best regards, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 22:45 »
Thanks every one for the kind words and thoughts, i was hoping to do 4000 steps on my walk today but some thing better happened to stop me going to far it rained most of the day :D boy we need the rain even in wales. Still managed to do 3500 steps on my walk.
Still cannot manage the house work :nowink: such a shame  :lol: don't think i can make it last 26yrs though i will give it my best shot ;).

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 06:35 »
Reminds me of my caesarian, instructed not to do work like vacuuming for some weeks....... 26 years later that is still mainly someone else's job!

Haha, very good

Lilli, so pleased to hear you are on the mend & also that you got rain. Good to hear the NHS gets it right sometimes, all it takes is a few true professionals to make a difference to a patients experience
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

LILLILEAF

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 09:09 »
The staff in the NHS are wonderful, i could not have asked for better care,they go above and beyond there duty of care,even with cut backs,the hospital i was in they have shut down 40 beds,not enough staff and no money coming from the government.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 15:35 »
After my eye ops I'm not allowed to bend down but a mop and hoover I can manage.  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 19:32 »
Of course, Lillileaf, it's a scientifically proven fact that the muscle groups required in order to be able to carry out housework are always the very last ones to recover from hip replacement surgery, and take considerably longer to come up to full strength.  Any time up to twelve months usually elapses before a full recovery can be expected.   ;)

LILLILEAF

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 06:55 »
Thanks jaydig i will keep that in mind and tell OH that he is in charge of house cleaning for the next 12 months :lol: he will be so pleased  ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 13:15 »
You're doing so well so don't chance doing anything that might set you back and just keep going nice and steady. GG x

LILLILEAF

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 16:29 »
I am steadily walking further each day, i did 5500 steps yesterday the dogs are knackered, there legs are getting shorter by the day :lol: they are not used to walking so far, but i must take there ages into it they are 16yrs and 12yrs old we shall all be so fit going into the winter :lol:.
At least we shall be fit not fat ;).

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 11:37 »
I am steadily walking further each day, i did 5500 steps yesterday

That is amazing so soon after your op.  Your physiotherapist will be beaming next time you see them.  Keep on taking it slowly but surely.  You are doing a great job  :D

LILLILEAF

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 23:41 »
I will see the phisio tomorrow, I have been doing the steps for 8 days now i am up to a total of 31415 steps so far,feeling much better every few days i feel i can go further. What i am doing is a walk in the morning of about 1700 steps i do a small amount mid day, then i will go after my evening meal, i will try and do a longer walk to finish the day.
It has helped with the weather being so kind while i have been off work,before i know i will be back at work i am not looking forward to that day :(,i shall be very sad,but i cannot survive on sick pay its an amazing £89.93 pw, it does not go very far these days, i am very glad for home grown veggies and fruit that helps alot :).

xx
Post early for Christmas

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post December 15, 2022, 23:10
by Yorkie
xx
Deliveries, post and parcels etc.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 21:01
by Growster...
xx
How long before I can post in the forums?

Started by Browseruk on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 09:53
by John
xx
Mr Bates v the post office

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

47 Replies
Last post January 25, 2024, 16:36
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 51 queries.