strawberies

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

strawberies
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:12 »
we bit the bullet and when down the allotment yesterday still to wet to do anything but we did clean round the strawberry patch and we found some where growing and it seemed some where not maybe they mite be a bit slow in coming through should we leave them and see if the appear or replant :unsure:

also what is best to feed strawberries with in the spring any advise very welcome

Nobbie

Re: strawberies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 16:00 »
How long have they been in for? If more than three years it might be worth replacing them. If you're quick, Lidl should still have some plants in which have now been reduced to two packs of 6 for £5. Nice little plants.

Christine

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 16:25 »
A good mulch of compost is the best thing. You don't want to be feeding this early. April a dose of general fertiliser and then a tomato fertislier as the flowers appear. If they ever do - could be a good rice season this year.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 17:44 »
i think they where planted some 3yrs ago so if they fruit this year then I will replant a new batch next year we also have some spare strawberry plants potted up so I could use them for a back up in needed

when I planted the bed I put the strawberry plants in breathable membrane and we had two years of a  very good crop but will take a trip to our local Lidl to see if there's any plants left that seems a good price 

thanks all

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 20:34 »
Leave them a while yet. It's still a fortnight early if you are up North.

xx
B&Q strawberies

Started by sg1 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 26, 2007, 20:34
by celtbhoy
xx
strawberies runners question

Started by MoreWhisky on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 19, 2009, 01:03
by Trillium

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 35 queries.