Looking For Some Good Weed Killer In Bulk Cheaper The Better

• 9 Replies

PembsPanther

• Experienced Member
Have you seen the price of weed killer? Crikey why is it soooo expensive! I need quite a bit of it, lots of paths to clear and 2 different sites that I want to kill off completely, any recommendations? Cheaper the better.

Thanks and Happy New Year :)

4 Seasons

Re: Looking For Some Good Weed Killer In Bulk Cheaper The Better
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 13:05 »
Blimey I seem to be a Central Wool Growers salesman. They sell glyphosate in 5 litres but don't buy Roundup as that is pricey. I use something called Clinic which they sell and is the same as Roundup but a bit cheaper.
It keeps so you can use it at your leisure over time.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 13:12 »
I'm afraid where weed killer is concerned, cheap and good don't always go together.

We can get a professional weed killer, which I'm not supposed to name as it isn't supposed to be used by amateurs, but it is now over £40 for 5 litres!

I have used salt and vinegar on my drive, which was a tip from an old friend.  It takes a while to use, and better when the weather is dry, but got some on the old manhole and it went all rusty! :blush:

4seasons, clinic is the one, but it is only supposed to be used by licensed operators.

4 Seasons

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 13:19 »
There was a short period of time when Clinic was only available to smallholders and you had to show your smallholder's number on point of sale but they have stopped that restriction now and anybody can buy it. Good stuff.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 14:06 »
I will repeat Grannie's comment this is for professional use only..............You may be able to buy it but you aren't allowed to use it unless you are
trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.

http://www.pitchcare.com/shop/professional-total-weed-killers/clinic-ace-herbicide-glyphosate-5l.html

The site owner says this
Members sometimes discuss making their own pesticides or uses for commercial products beyond those they are licensed for. Whilst not wishing to stifle free speech, this site does not suggest or condone the illegal use of pesticides .............

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 17:04 »
Ever since Roundup's patent protection expired, there are many companies who supply concentrated glyphosate at a fraction of Roundup's price. Your local farming supplies shop is your best bet

Whatever you do, avoid the ready-diluted stuff in B&Q etc. as it's far too expensive

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 19:22 »
This is the strongest you will get.

20ml per 1lt mixed = 250 lt = 333 normal 750 ml size bottle from the stores x £3.99 = £1328 equivalent!!

So yours will cost £35 posted = 10p per 750ml bottle mixed instead of £3.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-X-5L-ROSATE-36-VERY-STRONG-GLYPHOSATE-WEEDKILLER-FREE-CUP-GLOVES-/271275550210?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Fertiliser_CV&hash=item3f29486602
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 19:32 »
Have you seen the bit at the bottom of the sellers page, Gavin?

Safe Use of Pesticides
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."
Upon purchasing this product you and/or the end users are responsibile for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved Professional Product (MAPP). Use plant protection products safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product. You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides. There are legal responsibilities covering the storage and use of professional use pesticides. These responsibilities are covered by The Food and Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) and Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986(COPR).

I refer you to mumofstig's post a few back. We cannot and will not condone such usage.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 19:39 »
ok ooops - sorry I had not seen it. Please delete the post for me DD..

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 19:40 »
In view of the fact that in the space of 5 answers we've had 3 suggestions to use agricultural / professional products or sources contrary to this site's policies and after reminders, I am locking this thread.

Pembspanther, you need to look for an amateur use glyphosate product in its concentrated version.  The pesticides database will help you identify which are OK to buy and use.
https://secure.pesticides.gov.uk/pestreg/ProdSearch.asp
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
weed killer

Started by vixen on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 24, 2011, 20:21
by vixen
xx
Weed killer

Started by France16 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 22, 2011, 19:34
by Yorkie
xx
weed killer

Started by ian1 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 18, 2010, 14:10
by Lardman
xx
which weed killer?

Started by hebridean on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 16, 2010, 21:11
by hebridean

Page created in 0.437 seconds with 40 queries.