What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

Sweetpea C

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 11:56 »
I went! Planted out some onions that I had started off in the greenhouse. I hope they don't drown. Sowed a couple of hundred saved sweetpeas in the greenhouse and ordered some more. ... Ooops.
My husband's a water sign, I'm an earth sign, together we make mud :-)

My gardening diary is here - go on, have a peek , you might be able to help me!
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101101.0

Comments most welcome here please
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101102.msg

Aled

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 13:31 »
Had a look at the big puddle of water with some leekes growing out of it!
On the plus side the contents of the compost bin looks brilliant!
Cheers
Aled

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 08:31 »
Managed a good few hours whilst it was dry yesterday and managed to make more progress on the couch grass by digging a new 2m x 4m bed ready for the spring. I am over half way back clearing my plot now and will have so much more room than last year to plant as I only got the plot in March. Work and weather permitting I will hopefully get the lot dug over by spring time.

MrsLev

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16 »
Went in between storm clouds yesterday to check out the carnage and to plant out rhubarb that I'd dug out of the garden and divided.

Was not wrong on the carnage front! Various propagator lids, cloches and Dalek lids all over my plot, no idea where there're from so I've stuck them at the side of the hut to stop the blowing further and hopefully they're owners will see them if they come looking.

Stuck the 3 bits of rhubarb crown into our perennial bed, or what will be our perennial bed once the over wintering onions and leeks come out.

Son dug some holes with a stick and jumped in the puddles on the path while I chatted to a plot neighbour who had lost his hut to the storms :(

It's been too long and I'm glad to be back after a lazy Christmas!

plum crumble

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 10:53 »
OH went to empty the kitchen compost into the dalek and discovered our 4 year old Munty frame leaning precariously over. thinks the sodden soil had allowed the uprights to come free, and the wind has finished the job. Too wet for a proper inspection. The next dry day I will have to go and see if it can be saved, rebuilt, or just completely demolished, and the wood recycled for another project. Rats!
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 14:23 »
Haven't been to the plot but erected and tied down my new 4 tier mini greenhouse in the back garden so I can get my seedlings going in pots earlier. Its just a waiting game now!!!!

diospyros

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 16:55 »
Was supposed to be finishing off the paths with chipped Christmas trees but the firm that were supposed to be chipping them never turned up and I have only hearsay to go on that they will in fact come next Saturday.  Have emailed to ask them to confirm this.  So I faffed around on the usual job of moving soil back onto the plot from the hedge bank.  Coupled with ExH's changing his mind several times as to when he was bringing the kids back, was a frustrating afternoon!

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 17:29 »
Nowt actually had the day off :lol:
diggity dig dig

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 17:33 »
Still flipping raining. Seriously i am bored with it now. My plot will be drowning the weeds for me  ::)

Eblana

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 17:34 »
Emptied the two compost bins onto two beds that got no FYM.  Cleared one of the beds in the PT (a few strawberry runners got missed). Will go up during the week and do more work on the PT beds and get them ready for sowing.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 17:57 »
Still flipping raining. Seriously i am bored with it now. My plot will be drowning the weeds for me  ::)

Snap! Back to work on Monday so it is bound to dry up after that :(

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 18:02 »

Snap! Back to work on Monday so it is bound to dry up after that :(

I havent got to the plot for weeks, everytime its dry hubby is at work.  ??? Honestly even florence is getting mad she cant go digging  ::)

Lardman

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 18:24 »
Even my sand was soggy today but Im so behind I haven't even done the autumn clean up.

I forked over the bed I'd been dumping the chicken muck on, took down the bean frame, it nearly collapsed this year under the weight so it's time to renew. Cleared away all the cage frames, put a tarp over the shed roof as the felt seems to have gone awol in the recent winds. Then dug 2 small beds over,  I still need to sort out the strawberry, raspberry and blueberry beds though.

peedee555

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 00:24 »
well going up tomorrow hate to think whats waiting for me havent been for nearly 4 weeks think i might need a canoe if this rain dont stop

mike86

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 09:30 »
Quick trip down yesterday in the pouring rain to take delivery of some fym and plant some blackcurrent canes. got absolutely soaked so retreated to the pub for a sneaky couple of pints, then this morning I wake up to beautiful sunshine, only problem is I already have plans, hopefully the weather will be nice again tomorrow.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2015

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

923 Replies
Last post January 05, 2016, 18:35
by mumofstig
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 39 queries.