Goosey's eye ops update.

• 35 Replies

Goosegirl

Goosey's eye ops update.
« on: July 06, 2018, 13:04 »
Hi all. Had my other cataract removed on Wednesday and all went very well. Now I've got two good eyes working together I can see for miles and miles.  :) :) :)I can also see depth properly so I know how far down a step goes rather than having to tap with my foot on the road or whatever, and all I need for close work is a pair of reading glasses. I'll admit it's a bit scary but you can have a sedative if you're nervous. The only bit that hurt was the injection they give you by the eye socket so your eyeball keeps still. No pain, no gain! It's been a real life-changer for me, so if anyone out there is thinking of having it done just go for it. If anyone wants to PM me I'll be more than happy to help if I can.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

Re: Goosey's eye ops update.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 15:10 »
I'm glad everything went well for you, it must be a bit frightening to have this done because our eyes are so precious, aren't they?
My hubby could probably benefit from this, but at the moment he still thinks I look about forty, because he can't see all my wrinkles clearly.  He'd have such a shock if his eyesight was improved too much!

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 15:14 »
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I believe wrinkles are the ley-lines of our life's experience, so if he goes ahead with it and says anything to you just blame him!  :lol:

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 15:20 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: I believe wrinkles are the ley-lines of our life's experience, so if he goes ahead with it and says anything to you just blame him!  :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more, Goosey.  I always feel lucky to have lived long enough to have wrinkles, a lot of poor souls don't make it that far in life.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 15:48 »
… and so do I in spades! Being seventy has given me a new lease of life and I'm going to use it to the full.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 16:14 »

I've not heard this before but will carry that thought, so thank you! 

Glad you can see so well again now, it must be wonderful for you xx
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 17:00 »
Sunny, I just made it up because when I had chemo and lost all my long hair and eyelashes that I used to be so proud of, I felt and looked like an android. Did anyone give a stuff? Did they heck and it taught me a real lesson. It's not what you look like, it's about what you are as a person that really matters. All the face-lifts,  Botox and other restorative surgical procedures and whatever else is available will never change what you are inside. If people only love you for what you look like then they're not worthy of your time. I never realised how much I meant to so many people. I'm still here and will always do my best to be a shoulder for anyone who needs it. PS - I give great hugs as well!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 20:02 »
Goosey, you have a big hug from me.  I had cornea transplants and its scary.   
So opticians for you when it all settles down, and who knows what you may see  :ohmy: :lol:
It is a wonderful for the surgeons to bring such sight back to people isn't it.   Take care, Mrs Bouquet x
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 12:57 »
Tell you what, I'm so glad I was referred to this surgeon because one of his specialities is corneal problems, so he gets all the difficult cases. He is the most charming and caring man and I love him to bits. I will see him on Monday for the last time and I may just shed a very sad but happy tear. 

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 14:58 »
Yes its happy/sad when you say goodbye to a person who has looked after you like that,  just progress from now on, and seventy - you are just a Babe -  ;) ;)  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 13:02 »
Love that Mrs B!
Sing this to the tune "Just a song at twilight" and live life to the full.

Just a babe at seventy
And my ley lines show.
There's been times a-plenty
When I'm feeling low
Friends have gathered round me.
I was lifted high.
This has kept my heart young.
Worries passed me by.
No-one's as proud as I.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 14:04 »
I'm facing the same op in the next year, I'm told. Where did you have it done?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 12:08 »
Hi Gg, Did you make that song up, its great and fits exactly with the tune.   Can I coy it for WI, or will I have to pay you copyright.   Mrs Bouquet  :D

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 14:01 »
I'm facing the same op in the next year, I'm told. Where did you have it done?
As the local NHS hospital said I didn't have any worth bothering with (ER???) and which sent my new optician into an apoplectic fit, I went to a private hospital in Lancaster called BMI. After giving both eyes a very thorough exam, my consultant (Mr Nabili) did both ops at the Fylde and Spire private hospital (near Blackpool Zoo) because they had an edge on the necessary equipment. I had several problems with both eyes plus my left one was unusually long so he wasn't taking any chances whatsoever. Sight is a precious thing so if you can get in there and see him, I'd go for it as it's not as expensive as you think but money so well spent.   

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 17:28 »
A question. I am needing a cataract operation. My GP has referred me to any one of four hospitals. The waiting time for a consultation, let alone the operation itself is horrendous so I'm considering, no convinced, to go private. Is this something that my GP will advise me on or do I need to approach a consultant myself?

clip
Goosey's curio quiz.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post January 05, 2019, 12:20
by Goosegirl
xx
Goosey's past about to be revealed.

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2018, 14:44
by Goosegirl
xx
GG's AA update.

16 Replies
Last post February 22, 2020, 14:30
by Goosegirl
xx
My Greenhouse - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:15
by jezza

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 53 queries.