What's for tea? 2018

• 939 Replies

Lardman

Re: What's for tea? 2018
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2018, 19:04 »
By request I put some chicken and chorizo in the slow cooker earlier but it's not ready yet, normally Id wait for it to be ready but I'm seriously hungry tonight so I'm raiding the freezer for anything nukeable.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2018, 20:10 »
By request I put some chicken and chorizo in the slow cooker earlier but it's not ready yet, normally Id wait for it to be ready but I'm seriously hungry tonight so I'm raiding the freezer for anything nukeable.
Don't forget to pierce the cellophane  :D
Veg curry tonight but first poppadums and pickles including a new tomato one Val's created which is to die for. She told me if I ate it all I would die....
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2018, 20:24 »
I went to the Co op to get some milk, I must have been in a can't be 'asked' mood as I came out with a curry 'ping' meal as well as the milk :blush: (It's really not something I usually do  :ohmy:)

Served with some salad and HM chutney, it was ok ......

snowdrops

« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2018, 20:38 »
Roast lamb, with plot grown carrots,green & yellow beans,carrots, Charlotte potatoes,all steamed, hg cauliflower cheese with roasted veg-peppers,the rest hg courgettes,aubergine (prize winning lol) shallots,garlic. Gravy, red vino colapso, hm gooseberry & mint jelly

And repeat, minus the vino 😀
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2018, 21:32 »
I went to the Co op to get some milk, I must have been in a can't be 'asked' mood as I came out with a curry 'ping' meal as well as the milk :blush: (It's really not something I usually do  :ohmy:)

Nothing wrong with a ping meal occasionally - or sausage, egg, chips and beans with white bread and butter for the butties. Only thing to decide is red or brown sauce!
Psst - just ignore snowy the show off  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2018, 08:25 »
This is one I found and tried when I got back late yesterday.  It is quicker than a ping meal and surprisingly good.  I ate it with toasted doorstep bread, but you could bulk it it out with rice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvlhb6elqq4

Don't judge me until you've tried it.  I know a recipe that starts with frying ketchup sounds pretty horrendous, but it is tasty and makes a meal out of almost nothing  :lol:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #471 on: August 21, 2018, 11:09 »
I know a recipe that starts with frying ketchup sounds pretty horrendous, but it is tasty and makes a meal out of almost nothing  :lol:
Dare I admit to liking ketchup on cooked tomatoes? :)
Never would have thought of combining eggs and tomatoes though.

Lardman

« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2018, 19:39 »
Don't judge me until you've tried it. 

It's badly fried eggs with stewed tomato. Even sausage, bacon, mushrooms and black pudding couldn't save it  ::)

I had the chicken and chorizo with couscous, it was rather meh - lacking a veggy ( like a courgette  :nowink: ) and taste in general.  My ability to cook really has gone to the dogs. Mind you the waitrose chicken vindaloo I had last night was shameful and the notion it would serve 2 even worse.

I suspect there will be a grilled cheese and onion sandwich in my not too distant future.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #473 on: August 21, 2018, 20:14 »
I defrosted a haddock fillet and made a cheese sauce for it, peas, carrots and cauli to go with it  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #474 on: August 21, 2018, 23:13 »
It's badly fried eggs with stewed tomato. Even sausage, bacon, mushrooms and black pudding couldn't save it  ::)
I dunno, sounds lacking in something... I got it, fried bread, toast and tea :)

snowdrops

« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2018, 07:49 »

Nothing wrong with a ping meal occasionally - or sausage, egg, chips and beans with white bread and butter for the butties. Only thing to decide is red or brown sauce!
Psst - just ignore snowy the show off  :D

Miaow,miaow 😂

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2018, 10:33 »
It's badly fried eggs with stewed tomato.

You are supposed to be stir-frying the tomatoes over high heat and then making a sauce, not stewing them  ::)

it was rather meh - lacking a veggy ( like a courgette  :nowink: )

Now that is just plain reckless  :ohmy:  You could be on the end of an avalanche saying that in front of plot holders  :lol:

Anyway, another late night yesterday so ended up with tuna salad sandwiches, but I would have made the tomatoes and eggs if there had been eggs in the house  :tongue2: 

Reading Festival week and our lift at job no.2 has decided to start playing up.  All the storage is upstairs so it meant us carrying stock downstairs for an hour or so yesterday.  Not fun  :(  I could have done with more than a sandwich, but it was too late for anything heavier.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2018, 11:07 »
We often double cook and freeze so home made ping meals. Some things are hard to cook for two so half one day and the rest two days later. Hearty soups freeze well too. But I can well understand that after a long hard day even a sandwich is an effort.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2018, 12:23 »
Freezer surprise again - need the space for tomato sauces!  ::)

The surprise part is due to the not always very legible labelling on my part - last night it was spicy pulled pork (probably - definitely remember cooking it some time last winter!  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Lardman

« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2018, 19:57 »
I dunno, sounds lacking in something... I got it, fried bread, toast and tea :)

You missed the hash browns out  (not had those for years!)  but you're on the right track.  I do miss fried food.  :(

Now that is just plain reckless  :ohmy:  You could be on the end of an avalanche saying that in front of plot holders  :lol:

Im having to buy tinned ratatouille bring it on !  :tongue2:

Tonight was a repeat of last night and it wasn't any better today , Mother Lard enjoyed it though,  so I'm left with the conclusion I have broken my taste buds.

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 17:32
by greenjay
xx
RHS Chelsea 2018

Started by DD. on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:12
by rowlandwells
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet
xx
Ashes 2017 - 2018

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 20:29
by Tenhens

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 55 queries.