What I did in the Greenhouse or Polytunnel today

• 400 Replies

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
Re: What I did in the Greenhouse or Polytunnel today
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2015, 17:15 »
Orca from pass the parcel into pots into the GH - first time growing them, will be interesting to see if I can get anyone to eat them (if I manage to grow 'em of course).
Swift first earlies into used compost bags in the GH - worked quite well last year so trying a few more
Sown some more chillies (maybe a bit late but worth a shot)

Pip pip,
Balders

adri123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2015, 17:26 »
Potted up Strawbs into co-op flower buckets.  3 to a pot from last years runners.  Popped across the road to get fresh molehill soil to mix with MPC for each pot.

I hope 3 plants per bucket is the right amount...

Planted out some lettuce and pak choi into the PT raised beds...

Flowers coming on new Peach trees!!!!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

gypsy

« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2015, 12:50 »
Potted up Strawbs into co-op flower buckets.  3 to a pot from last years runners.  Popped across the road to get fresh molehill soil to mix with MPC for each pot.

I hope 3 plants per bucket is the right amount...

Planted out some lettuce and pak choi into the PT raised beds...

Flowers coming on new Peach trees!!!!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I put 3 strawberry plants in flower buckets and I think it would have been better with only 2, by the end of the season it was VERY full.
Catherine

adri123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2015, 13:16 »
Thx Gypsy.  I'll put only 2 in per pot from now on.

adri123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2015, 07:51 »
Sowed Cukes...Passandra and Femspot.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2015, 10:11 »
Over the last weekend I put in the bark chipping floor, over weed suppressant. Also fitted the bench and slimline water butt inside and the large water butt outside, both of these are connected together along with the three butts at the side of the shed. That gives me 900Ltrs of water for the irrigation system :)

gypsy

« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2015, 11:15 »
Very impressive Elm Street. I wish I could do stuff like that. I had to get rid of my greenhouse as I could not maintain it myself. My fingers are not strong enough to even replace a pane of glass. My kind neighbour who is 85 has built me a poly tunnel.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2015, 17:02 »
Feeling really meh about the plot this year, maybe just end of term -itis so popped down to plant something, anything....found some Marigold seeds and took a chance on them no Baldy- NO Abba songs here pls) and then... saw that 3 lots of early peas are up, the rocket and lettuce are showing through, hmm feel a stirring..

Lardman

« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2015, 17:27 »
Feeling really meh about the plot this year

Feeling much the same here..  Not considered the outside beds at all yet this year.

I spent most of the afternoon mooching around the bottom greenhouse to to drum up some enthusiasm. Potted on the early tomatoes, divided up the chard and gave everything a soak. The chives are up as are a few of the garlic chives, leeks but only 1 paris island cos and 1 high scent sweetpea.

The curly parsley is covered in both white and greenfly but the flat leaf stuff can probably stand a hair cut.  The mint seems to be waking up but will probably need splitting, looks like I've killed yet another rosemary bush though  >:(

Peppers, tomatoes, pepinos and physallis all growing slowly and Im still bringing them into the house at night.

Lardman

« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2015, 19:05 »
Kicked out the flat leaf and curled parsley and also the mint everything was covered in white fly  :mad: I really don't want to start spraying already.

Im still trying to get the algae from between the glass overlaps. Soap and water just doesn't seems to be shifting it so I've filled the sprayer with jeyes and giving it a good soaking. I'll leave it a few days and repeat.  I still have a sulphur candle from last year, I may empty the plants out tomorrow and set that off too  :unsure:

The dwarf french beans have finally made an appearance, the tray I thought were chives are actually spring onions  ::) and about 3 of the sweet peas have finally germinated  :( I'll try one more sowing from the seeds I bought this year.

The tomatoes were potted on yesterday and the second sowing have just started to germinate.  Looking back at this thread I was sowing cucumbers this time last year  :ohmy:

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2015, 18:37 »
yeah got 2 cues up and away already from a sowing 3 days ago in the spare room.  Toms and chillis looking ok, but indoors again.  Peas, rocket, lettuce and early herbs looking ok in the cold greenhouse.  I've chanced some marigolds in there as well.  Its getting full-ish and there's a way to go yet  :ohmy:

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2015, 16:08 »
Marigolds up already in the greenhouse, salads all showing through, aired it out a bit in case there is a damping off problem looming- it's getting so full.  Peas now outside in the shelter.
Sowed more cues and some Sweet Pea current mini-sized tomatoes in the propagator.

Lardman

« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2015, 18:35 »
Kicked out all but 1 of the rhubarb plants as the 3rd in the garden has made an appearance.  :D
Kicked out the rosemary.
Hardened off some euonymus cuttings.
Potted up some winter jasmine cuttings.
Found a tray of winter panseys Id sown.. oops, might pot some on as they were about to flower.  ::)
Only 2 paris island cos lettuce have germinated and still no chives. Might get more seeds before resowing.

Watered everything - it's getting very warm in there during the day which is drying the compost really quickly.

Knifed a slug  :mad: it ended up as robin food.

Everything is staying out on the bench under the polycarb frame as it's above 10c in there at night. Will look at sowing a couple of cukes and maybe some melons tomorrow.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2015, 16:22 »
Dug out the greenhouse borders and filled with new MPC. It was 39c in there today but has been down to 1.5c overnight this weekend!

snowdrops

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2015, 20:33 »
Jet washed the greenhouse inside & out. Still to sow a seed though :ohmy:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Re: in the Polytunnel and Greenhouse

Started by Whatalottie on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

3 Replies
Last post February 10, 2013, 12:01
by Green man
xx
Polytunnel vs greenhouse.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

9 Replies
Last post November 23, 2012, 00:54
by John
xx
Greenhouse V Polytunnel?

Started by fallen angel on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

13 Replies
Last post February 21, 2016, 19:02
by BabbyAnn
xx
Polytunnel or Greenhouse

Started by ches on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2019, 08:38
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 56 queries.