HORSETAIL

• 5 Replies

Richard

HORSETAIL
« on: September 25, 2006, 19:57 »
Have read the article regarding Horsetail (Allotment plots 5+29) and note that it mentions the use of detergent to enhance the effectiveness of amcide.  What detergent and in what proportion.  The Organics retailer advises the use of 100gram per sq M of Horsetail but could not advise on detergent enhancer.

Please advise.

Regards

Richard

trapper

HORSETAIL/ REPLY
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 22:50 »
Just whack it down me old mukka , aint now way to control , as i understand from older olderallotmenters,just keep on top . I personally skim the top. Then whip the bits in the bin for burning. Just gotta keep thinning it out , no top weakens the undergrouth, so i am well advised. Any other solutions are of course accepted. think me grammer is proper!!!.
The things I sow sometimes dont grow I'm sorley disenchanted. But oh what fun I have with stuff ,I havn't even planted.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
HORSETAIL
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:59 »
Washing up liquid in the form of a small squirt per sprayer, literally a drop or two is plenty.

Incidentally, I changed the site title so some pages still have the old title because I haven't got around to them - sorry for any confusion.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

muntjac

HORSETAIL
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 14:08 »
Can i just add a little note here .if you use shop bought glycerine and mix that with weed killers etc it acutally sticks and does not get washed off and the weeds actually feed on the glycerine taking the poison in faster . as sold  by monsanto ,we use it on the farms on the estate here
still alive /............

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
HORSETAIL
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 16:26 »
Nice one - thanks :)
Horsetail is a devil to get rid of - I still get it popping up despite my efforts but it is controllable now.

ray_thornhill

MARE'STAIL
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:30 »
on my plot up here[stranton'hartlepool] we have load of it but the way i was told was crush it first like walk all over it then spray with roundup. its becase with the leaves being waxy on the outside that stops the weedkiller getting into the weed but walking on it lets the weed take the weedkiller in and kill it.[ps it might take a couple of sprayes before you kill it out right.
r.thornhill

xx
Horsetail

Started by Janew on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2018, 10:25
by Janew

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 38 queries.