welsh onions

• 2 Replies

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
welsh onions
« on: July 29, 2008, 18:29 »
in the beginning-5 months ago when I took the plot on -I went to every garden center around and bought all things already potted up and ready to  go into the ground. amongst the group of herbs were 2 welsh onions which I still know nothing about-but they proved to be a real asset to my herb bed -looked lovely-  but what now?  they have nice seed heads and are getting or have brown stems. question is -To pull or not to pull-  :roll:  :?

gus

welsh onions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 19:16 »
I grow welsh onions and use them in the autumn in caseroles and stir fry they have a gentle onion taste and you can leave them growing so they are always fresh. If you don't use them all you can divide the clump for next year. Good luck with them.
computer illiterate, a one finger typist but doggedly determined to keep up with this new technology and use it to help me on my allotment.

corndolly

• Experienced Member
welsh onions
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 20:22 »
I used to have some but someone (suspect OH) pulled them up and discarded.

They will grow year on year , best to split the clumps every year or so, give to friends if you have nt the space to enlarge your colony.

I would like to grow these again, they can be used as you would spring onions or chives or cooking.

Dont know anyone I can scrounge some from !!  So can I grow from seed and has anyone seen seed for sale.If so where ?
Growing organic fruit and vegetables

xx
Welsh Onions (I think)

Started by midwayashmo on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 08, 2011, 15:10
by Trillium
xx
welsh onions

Started by pops on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 08:52
by zazen999
xx
welsh onions

Started by muddifoot on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 05, 2008, 09:48
by gobs
clip
Welsh onions?

Started by maloneranger on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 24, 2013, 16:57
by JohnB47

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 38 queries.