Mantis Tiller

• 3 Replies

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
Mantis Tiller
« on: August 13, 2017, 16:37 »
Just purchased via FleaBay a Mantis 2 stroke tiller. Once delivered I intend to complete a service. One part being check the grease within the gear housing. Other than purchasing the required grease from Mantis. The delivery charge is as much as the grease cost itself!!! What grease does other Mantis owners use? Something being able to purchase local perhaps? Thanks.

Rhys

• Experienced Member
Re: Mantis Tiller
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 17:30 »
Mantis lithium grease £2.65, postage £2.. Typical postage costs, so not too bad?

Did a search for Lithium grease and came up with this as a cheaper one you get more, and postage is free.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little." - Billy Connolly

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 09:20 »
as silly as it sounds how do you get grease in the gearbox I've had this machine about two years now never thought about grease or servicing of the mantis

I just put fuel in the tank and away you go so without expecting the mantis to breakdown through lack of servicing can anyone give me some advise do I need to take it to my local mantis dealer for a service before I start using it next year

advise much appreciated  :ohmy:

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 14:13 »
I'm certainly no Mantis Tiller expert. But, within the Mantis owners manual there is a section titled "Service Maintenance Guide". Whereby, there are numerous checks of which requires to be completed on a daily/monthly/yearly basis. Also, there is a section title "Storage". If you do not have a copy of this particular manual? It is easily downloaded free via the internet. Of course if you want to take your machine at a cost to your local Mantis dealer for a service? To access the worm gearing housing to check the grease to add if required, is to undo four screw-bolts. 

xx
Mantis tiller / Stihl multi-tool tiller/cultivator

Started by Turkey Jane on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 12:10
by Percy
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
Mantis Tiller

Started by LILLILEAF on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post July 23, 2016, 19:28
by Growster...
xx
Old Mantis Tiller

Started by Bigfatsi on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 05, 2012, 07:47
by smud6ie

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 35 queries.