Looking for Chickens in the HULL area.?

• 19 Replies

mark93

Re: Looking for Chickens in the HULL area.?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:32 »
Hi everyone!! this is my first time & no doubt il be here plenty of times as im about to keep four chickens, i would like to just say im a freindly person aged 36 from the HULL area, ive read the Forum Rules & im well aware of what to do & what not to do, i just wondered if anyone knew if they was any supplyers in the hull area as it seems there's a big "Blank" when i start asking around..? i didnt know theyd be so hard to get..?
My wife loves them & my 6 year old son wants them BUT to lay eggs i dont think after keeping them i could eat them...
Anyway if anyone can give any tips that would be very much appreciated & if there is any knowledge of seller's in my area too,
LAstly WHAT a lovely forum eh....
Kindest Regards
keith

mark93

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 12:35 »
Hi did you go to Outgate poultry for your chickens.
I have purchased some from him 6 weeks ago and can honestly sat the man is a true gent. He has been helpful prior to purchase by informing me where i could purchase aviary wire instead of chicken wire as it looks so much better and the price was excellent. He then gave all the advice i needed proir to purchase and since we have had them i have rung with a few problems and he has solved them all even [posting me some stuff for free. They are firing out eggs like bullets.

death of rats

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 16:00 »
For variety and the fun of an auction go to Stennets market, Station road Brigg. You will find there are some cracking chickens sold here as well as other livestock.
Thursday mornings selling begins at around 9.30 but you will need to get there earlier for a look round. Prices can go quite high for good stock and you need to remember the price is per bird in the container, plus auction commission. Under DEFRA rules you need to register and get a buyers number which you do at the caravan behind the building.
Also it helos to know what the breeds are and what they will turn out like as adult birds. It also helps if you can tell the cocks from the hens.
Now retired from the day job and working hard on my smallholding.

kev0707

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 20:13 »
hi keith , i dont know if you have got youre hens or not yet , i keep chickens on my allotment on hull , most of my chucks i have got from the live stock auction at brig railway station the auction is held every thurs morning it starts early at 9.00 . you can buy chickens of all breeds and condition as there are often ex battery hens in the auction ,there are also hens from known breeders which you will pay a bit more for but even they rarely get to ten pounds a bird , you can get a pen of four or five ex bats for as little as 2 pound each , its well worth checking out, and i have had no problems with the hens i have bought .

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 20:50 »
This thread is almost five years old so don't expect a reply.  I'll lock it now so please feel free to post again elsewhere. :)
Cheese makes everything better.

xx
How many Chickens in how big an area?

Started by mum2many on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post February 28, 2007, 20:00
by muntjac
xx
Chickens to be rescued in the Brighton Area

Started by fluffypebble on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 17, 2007, 22:28
by MontyTom
xx
chickens sleeping in nesting area

Started by ryan on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 13, 2010, 14:17
by Flowerpower136
xx
help,,,,advice please on the best chickens to buy,,once area and run in place,

Started by h.chuck on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2009, 13:54
by h.chuck

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 38 queries.