The Bay of Biscay

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

The Bay of Biscay
« on: October 06, 2018, 23:25 »
A silent prayer to those who are crossing it tonight.  I was checking the Bays sea weather, and it  is official 'very rough' right now.   I don't go until next Friday and the forecast for then is very calm and warm.
BUT, there is absolutely nothing I can do to change it.  I shall take all my medication, some of which is specially for the voyage, and hope for the best - what an adventure for a single old bird  :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: The Bay of Biscay
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:12 »
Are you going on your own Mrs B? Brave either way, are you heading to a destination or ‘just’ sailing round it?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 10:27 »
Look at it this way - Old Man Neptune is getting the storm over with so it will be lovely for you.  The last time I saw the Bay (end Feb) the sea was smoother than my ironing board.   :)

Have you sorted out your cruising clothes?
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 14:33 »
I am cruising to Vigo, then Apourto. then Lisbon, then Somewhere in France, then home.
Got to cut labels of clothes,  and see what fits, took until 1am last night to go through earings, and such junk, to think what goes with what.  Just pedicured feet ready to paint toenails.  Nails maybe Tuesday ?  Now to get suitcases out of loft, prep meds,   Finish my Christmas wreath, busy week coming up.

Glass half full, the sea will be lovely !!   Mrs Bouquet

xx
Did It - Bay of Biscay

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 23, 2018, 15:10
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 38 queries.