yorkshire puddings

• 13 Replies

LILLILEAF

yorkshire puddings
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:38 »
Do you have a recipe that works?,those puddings when nice are fantastic with roast beef,but most of the time they out wit you and go badly wrong >:(.
I use the same recipe,last time they were like pancakes this time they were so big they were trying to get out of the oven  :lol:.But they were so good :)

snowdrops

Re: yorkshire puddings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:14 »
I’m from Yorkshire, so I just bung it all in & mix it up, let it stand for a few hours if there’s time, then get the tins/dishes & fat really hot,pour in & stand well back,,& don’t open the oven until they are done
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58 »
If you open the oven while they are cooking they will fall.
This way, measuring with a tea cup, is how I remember mum making hers - and it has to be meat dripping for the best flavour. Sometimes there were only sausages with the Yorkies on a Sunday - but it smelt like a proper roast dinner to the neighbours  :nowink:

My Mums Easy And Traditional English Yorkshire Pudding Recipe - Genius Kitchen

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 22:56 »
I do 3 eggs measured into a jug then the same in flour and milk and water , seasoning , i just mix and put straight in the hot oven in a muffin tin but also found the deeper the tin the better the rise , and tryed bread flour and they were brilliant top of the oven depending how much room you have i do next shelf  down so i can get them out , they freeze well if you dont eat them all if you need less just do 2 eggs and the equivalent flour and fluid .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

LILLILEAF

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 05:56 »
I had great success with the last batch,4 eggs, 200ml milk,200grms flour,pinch of salt,they were so big they tried to climb out of the oven :lol:,they tasted great to,this was a Jamie Oliver recipe,i will be using it again,i used a muffin tin with very hot beef fat cooked in 25 mins.

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 21:55 »
Thats the one i use but 3 eggs and measure the other stuff the same 4 eggs must have been whoppers
chrissie b

madcat

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44 »
Today is Yorkshire Pudding Day.  Good excuse to try again!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

chrissie B

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 17:58 »
I also found if i watched them they were never as good i put a teatowel over the handle to hide the window .
chrissie b

LILLILEAF

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:45 »
I now agree i walk away they don't like being watched they must be shy :lol:some of the last ones i made  i put in the freezer,to my utter suprise they were fantastic reheated,i can make a batch and freeze them well before i need them,no more magor panicks over roast beef with yorkshire puddings :lol:brilliant

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 13:03 »
I do the same as there is usually 2 for dinner its easy to pop a few in freezer for next time or if you need an extra one .
chrissie b

grinling

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 21:18 »
 I added water last time as not enough milk available, they rose   :D. Also was told not to use olive oil.

chrissie B

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 23:02 »
I use half and half and have beef dripping from Christmas which gives a lovley flavour.
chrissie b

LILLILEAF

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43 »
I also use beef dripping it gives the best flavour ever,also you can get it smoking hot,just what you need for them to rise,most of the time :lol:

chrissie B

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 22:18 »
Ive noticed using the dripping my tin cleanes lovley but when i use oil and the high heat needed it was impossible  to get the oil off the tin im sticking with the dripping
chrissie b

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 50 queries.