Dog training/training me

• 2 Replies

asd1

• Experienced Member
Dog training/training me
« on: December 11, 2011, 22:35 »
Hi all, once again iv turned to my most trusted knowledge base (you lot) as the lesser trusted Internet has failed me. I'm really interested in becoming a dog trainer/  canine psychologist and particularly interested in the "positive reinforcement" type of training (as seen with Victoria Stilwell on its me or the dog)  but the issue. I have is what qualification do I need to be looking at? I'm Reallyhoping someone can help me on this? Thanks in advance x

Mazzie

• Experienced Member
Re: Dog training/training me
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:29 »
Hello  :happy:

There are loads of courses out there and many of them arent worth the paper they are written on.

I personally have an FdSc in training and behaviour which i could take to degree level if i 1) had the money and 2) had the energy lol.  But as a start its perfect.  I got mine from Bishop Burton in Hull but there are other versions cropping up all over the country.  What you need to ask yourself is, do you want to train pet behaviour or advise on behaviour as they are two very different things.  If you want to train pet behaviour then get yourself to your local rescue/dog club and volunteer.  The more you are around dogs the more you learn.  As a start the THINK DOG courses are very good as are the Learning about dogs ones.

Good luck and let me know if i can help anymore

asd1

• Experienced Member
Re: Dog training/training me
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 21:08 »
Thank you soo much for the reply, that was really helpfully! I felt a lil lost looking through all the courses online. Il let you know how I get on xx

xx
Puppy Lead/Leash Training

Started by Glosterboy on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post April 21, 2017, 19:42
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.