End of Farmyard Manure?

• 16 Replies

Oliver

Certification
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 16:29 »
Quote from: "jgsmuzzy"
so much paperwork, and if there is something farmers abhor, it's paperwork for the government!

The same farmer who supplies the horse manure for the allotments provided horses (ponies) for the kids to ride at the local show - for YEARS. Now they have so many forms to fill in and have to comply with 'Health and Safety' regulations, they don't come anymore.

Individual billing: If the Council starts charging to collect the rubbish from the kerbside in a fancy sort of bin (which no doubt we will have to buy) will this mean that we will get a reduction in Council Tax?
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

wellingtons

In some areas ...
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 17:40 »
... they have already started charging to take away certain types of rubbish.  Around here we have green bags to take away garden waste (or pernicious weeds from your allotment if you're quick!) and we have to pay a nominal fee of £20 a year.

I feel sorry for farmer's (well I would I'm a farmer's daughter!), like my dad, he struggles to understand all the paperwork and rules and regulations.  He isn't stupid, far from it, but he has downsized his farming business because of it.  He's an old fashioned farmer and that's just not allowed these days.

xx
Farmyard Manure

Started by Missey on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post January 07, 2019, 11:52
by JayG
xx
Farmyard Manure

Started by Heifer73 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 27, 2007, 15:43
by noshed
xx
levingtons farmyard manure

Started by lancashiregardeninggal on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 07, 2011, 21:20
by whistler
xx
Gro Sure Farmyard Manure ... or the real stuff

Started by wbmkk on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 11, 2019, 13:14
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 34 queries.