Update on Mr Eric

• 33 Replies

totalnovice

• kates allotment adventure
Update on Mr Eric
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:08 »
Morning everyone,

Mr E has been to the vets this morning, and bless him was as good as gold! no biting, scratching kicking screaming or anything! Must be the new vet she was lovely.

Anyway, he has lost his bottom left molar and so his top left one is growing funny and rubbing on his cheek causing his eye to water a little bit. He hadn't lost as much weight as i had thought either. So have to make a speparate appointment at another vets to get his top left molar removed and his other teeth just rasped a bit. Oral anitbiotics for a week to be on the same side and daily grooming because he is struggling. Had been doing him every week but he is not really keeping himself clean so is getting a bit sore round his bits too!

poor bunny, he is going to get very spoiled with some carrot and just a little bit of apple later! Anyone any clue how i am going to give a strop rabbit oral anitbiotics on my own? ???
Kate
Always thankful for advice!

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Update on Mr Eric
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 13:35 »
Oh I'm glad it doesn't sound so bad... Hmm, single-handed application of oral medication to rabbit  ???, the cat in a towel vision springs to mind, but I don't envy you  ::). Sorry not to be more helpful..
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 14:09 »
So pleased his problems aren't too serious and agree with argyllie if he doesn't like the taste of the antibiotics and struggles then it will have to be a case of wrapping him up in a towel  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Jellyhead

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 15:48 »
I would try holding him by the scruff and use a pill popper ??? OR put the med in honey and see if he takes it :wacko: Good luck, think you might need it. Get well soon Mr E ;)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

totalnovice

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 20:59 »
YAY! i am so clever!!! I maanger to give him his meddy without spilling a drop and on only the second attempt! And i promise i didn't knock him out to do it either!
I'm so proud of myself! Who needs husbands for anything other than changing light bulbs  :tongue2:

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 21:30 »
i have not had any experience of giving rabbits any forms of antiboitics so i cant help but i wish u luck  :D and if the tpying goes weird an all over the place then we know your've had your fingers nipped more then once  :lol:  :lol:
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 21:40 »
Awww! well done you  :D my experience of giving my cat a worming tablet last (only time vet hasnt done it!) i wrapped her in a towel (tightly) but she still bit me and i ended up with shredded arms  :( the next time i took Molly to the vets to have her wormer, the vet said 'oh! you should of said you can get drops that go on the back of the neck!'  :ohmy:  :mad:

Glad he was a good boy and gonna be spoilt rotten  :D

debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03 »
YAY! i am so clever!!! I maanger to give him his meddy without spilling a drop and on only the second attempt! And i promise i didn't knock him out to do it either!
I'm so proud of myself! Who needs husbands for anything other than changing light bulbs  :tongue2:

Well done!  :D

totalnovice

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 13:24 »
Mr Eric was dropped at the vets this morning at 8.50 - am due to pick him up ay 3.10 this afternoon,

I haven't been able to settle to anything today! :tongue2:

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 13:38 »
Mr Eric was dropped at the vets this morning at 8.50 - am due to pick him up ay 3.10 this afternoon,

I haven't been able to settle to anything today! :tongue2:

I sympathise! Its horrid having to leave any of them at the vet for an op. or longer consualtation.  :(

madcat

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 16:28 »
So - is he okay?   :(
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

totalnovice

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 18:51 »
Hi All, Mr Eric is currently recooperating in his box in the spare bedroom. He is still very dopey, I can't remember how long it took him to fully come round last time he had a GA. Anyone any clues? He has lots of treats waiting for him when he is up and about.

Bad news is though he has mites!  :tongue2: But I have treatment for them too. Fingers crossed that after a good clean and disinfect of his hutch and a couple more treatments they will be long gone too!

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 19:23 »
Good news then!  :D

madcat

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 19:39 »
 :) :) :) :)  'Ear, 'Ear!!!

totalnovice

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 18:35 »
not brilliant news todAY, been for post op check up, eric hasn't eaten and has only had a tiny bit of water, he can't be tempted by dandilion, rabbit chocolate or grated carrots. He is very unresponsive, and didn't even bother to try and run away when i went to catch him to go to the vets. Even worse, he hasn't poohed or wee'ed since he came back on tuesday evening.

Vet has given him a big dose of AB's, as much fluid under his skin as she could safly inject and a drug to help stimulate his appetite as well as some pwdered food to syring feed him, which he didn't fight at all, and most of which dripped out of his mouth when we tried earlier. Quite ominously at the end of the consultation the vet said 'well we have done everything we can but if there is no improvement tomorow.....' then shook her head.

Am digging out an old shoe box and have asked my mum to clear a patch of ground under her trees in preperation.

:( - but that doesn't say it well enough.

xx
Mr Eric

Started by totalnovice on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 17, 2009, 14:22
by arugula
xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
Splash update

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

24 Replies
Last post February 06, 2015, 22:15
by devonbarmygardener
xx
Betsy update

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 22:38
by janet12000

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 34 queries.