need your help guys

• 13 Replies

karlooben

need your help guys
« on: August 30, 2009, 20:29 »
would everyone please shout out to jack my physco puppy and tell him to stop blinky well injuring his feet an all claws pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

firstly about 8 weeks ago his foot started to bleed while he was out { my dog leaps like a leopard } so i put him on short walks on the lead while his feet healed thinking that he had just cut his pad on sharp grass or something well he healed then it bled in the end last week he went to the vet { £200 later } got told he had a nail bed infection and if it gets into the bone it can be well not good news after injections sedations  an exrays hes now very slowly on the mend although the infection is still there { check on the 11 th sep more antiboitics } so ok i am coping with that but today after being on the lunge rein while out i let him of for 5 mins an what did he go and do ripped out his dew claw the one up from the toes dont know if i spelt that right  :lol: so today along with a chicken we are all in the car back to the vets we was only there 2 days ago . the vet clipped the claw back but its still showing some flesh so now i am so so worried about his good leg as well as the bad leg but she never charged us which was wonderfull ....... so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  shout at jack to slow down an stop injuring him self i cant take much more  :mad:

i need him fit an back out running again  :D
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

karlooben

my dog jack
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 18:56 »
some of you may well know that jack has a bad toe well hes had an looks like still got a nail bed infection hes been on all the drugs for it but its still bleeding loads when he runs around which now is not that often . last week he ripped of his dew claw on his good front leg an thats not healing properly either , he are back to the vets of friday for a checkup an i very well may see if they will remove both clawa completely but then again i dont know if i could cope with jack having to bandaged legs an a collar on for weeks .

we went out this morning for quite a long walk an i did let him of the lunge rein for a while so he could try an get rid of some of the engery but now hes as lame as anything yet again so he hasnt been out tonight and hes depressed  :(.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: my dog jack
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 20:14 »
So sorry to hear this looby, really hope it gets sorted out soon so he's back to his usual self  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 20:19 »
thanks yorkie , looks to me as if he may be back to the vets sooner then friday . if i try an look at his foot he can get very aggressive [ hes the tpye of dog that  hates being touched and i dont know why } . hes just been alseep an i sneaked a close up peek at his paw without him knowing an u can see the split in the claw which is where hes getting infected but as my vets know what hes like they are not sure if he wil ever keep bandages on no matter what .

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 20:53 »
Are special opaque 'collars' available in the UK? They put on around the neck and resemble a large cone which keeps the animal from licking at wounds, even feet from being brought to the mouth. This would help anything the vet does, and should be available from the vet. They aren't cheap but a beloved pet is worth it.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 21:02 »
Our vets do those Trillium.

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 21:03 »
yes trillium we have those here but knowing jack he will find a way of ripping it of  :lol: hes a big dog and can cause a nuisance with just his tail wagging let alone having him with one of those collars on  :lol:. he loves rope toys but the only thing is it takes him less then 6 minutes to shread one into one long line of rope an he swings that around his head until he gets dizzy an fulls over can u imagine him doing that with a collar on as well  :nowink: :nowink: . today he was playig with his rope an i called him over he stood in front of me with it wrapped over his neck as if to say dont worry i only left it there for a few mins he turned his head got hold the rope an carried on  :lol:

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 21:08 »
i have friends were u live trilluim but i cant remember thier names   :lol:

Foxy

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 21:12 »
I have met Jack, he is gorgeous! I hope he gets better soon Looby, can understand him being a bit grumpy bless him! He is a beautiful dog though :) :)

karlooben

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 21:23 »
the vet told me the nail bone infections can take ages an ages to heal i hope he heals soon as he cant play with the his ball anymore when hes out .  :( hes such a silly dog though even when hes in pain etc he still wont slow down .

dizzylizzie

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 03:39 »
hope he is eeling better soon hunny xx

oddpaws

• Experienced Member
Re: need your help guys
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 13:37 »
Am shouting as I am writing....................................STOP JACK STOP!
Hope it works as everyone here now thinks I have gone physco :ohmy:

Sorry it is such a late reply...only just found it ???
a mum is for life..not just for cleaning! ;@)

karlooben

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 18:13 »
dont worry about being late oddpaws hes got this infection for a while  yet .  hes back to the vets sat for a check up  :D

veggirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 18:18 »
STOP IT RIGHT NOW, JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 36 queries.