Just introducing myself!

• 1 Replies

Greeny

Just introducing myself!
« on: June 09, 2006, 20:27 »
Excellent website, this is one of the only allotment orientated sites that I have visited which has really grabbed my attention! It was only half an hour later that I realised your allotment is near Crewe, where I was born and lived until recently when I moved to North Shropshire.

I've wanted an allotment for years and was offered a bit of land in an old allotment next to my house in April so I jumped at the chance. The soil is light and has been well looked after, its on private land and down one side has a south facing wall (part of a victorian walled garden), myself and two others grow on it (their experience has been a great help). As it was april no manure has been put in but I turned the soil over and added some organic fertilizer.

My crops so far are coming on nicely, I've kept the rows short (about 2.5m) and have carrots, leeks, lettuce, spring onion, onion sets, one row of first early potatoes, beetroot, parsnip, peas and autumn brocolli (all from seed), last week I put up the bean poles and they have come through yesterday.

Anyway, I have really found the diary and members photos interesting and got a few tips - so thanks!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Just introducing myself!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 09:53 »
Glad it's been useful to you Greeny. It's very weird in some ways writing that diary. Am I writing for you or me? I don't quite know:)
We're in Wistaston and on the edge here. It's quicker to get into Nantwich than Crewe.
Sounds like you really lucked out with your allotment - even if this year hasn't been the best for growing.
I quite envy your soil, especially at digging time.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
Just introducing myself

Started by lentil987 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 09, 2006, 10:14
by John
xx
introducing myself

Started by beansticks on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post January 17, 2007, 07:23
by beansticks
xx
Just introducing myself

Started by Salkeela on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post February 01, 2007, 22:36
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Introducing earthworms

Started by prakash_mib on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post March 15, 2010, 22:33
by Cavolo Nero

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 34 queries.