B&Q buckets

• 16 Replies

sclarke624

B&Q buckets
« on: March 30, 2007, 14:48 »
Ipicked up on something Digger Dave said about putting red hot skwers into cat litter trays to make holes.

Well I have just done that to six B&Q buckets I bought for 98p each and they are brilliant.  The skewer went through easy as well.  So I now have six (all be it bright orange) tubs to put veg in.  Cheaper than the pots of same size they were selling  at £3-4.00.

So Thanks for the idea.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: B&Q buckets
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 14:50 »
Quote from: "sclarke624"
Ipicked up on something Digger Dave said about putting red hot skwers into cat litter trays to make holes.

Well I have just done that to six B&Q buckets I bought for 98p each and they are brilliant.  The skewer went through easy as well.  So I now have six (all be it bright orange) tubs to put veg in.  Cheaper than the pots of same size they were selling  at £3-4.00.

So Thanks for the idea.

Bucket Kebabs!!!!!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

sclarke624

B&Q buckets
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 14:58 »
They are use less as practical buckets anyways.  I got two last year, before I got into veg growing, to actually use as buckets.  I wanted to use them to bath the dog i.e. chuck a bucket of warm water over him.............blo*dy handle came off both of them and soaked me instead.  Cos Charlie (my golden retriever) might think that is poetic justice as he hates baths.  Hates baths But loves the sea (we are just down the road) figure that one out.

fluffypebble

B&Q buckets
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 15:11 »
Because retrievers have a waterproof undercoat that means they don't feel the wet when swimming in the sea or ponds but when you shampoo it removes this protection so they feel it - and they don't like it.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

sclarke624

B&Q buckets
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 18:16 »
Really, thats interesting (not meant to sound sarky as it does).  Never thought of that.  I suppose thinking about it he only paddles in the sea it rarely goes over his back.  Of course he can also sense my impending doom of a wet dog having to be chased around the garden.  He knows as soon as I get the buckets out in the garden and shut all the house doors.

fluffypebble

B&Q buckets
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 19:52 »
One of my labs always managed to get out of the bath when I had covered her with shampoo.  Rather difficult getting hold to get her back in especially when I was pregnant.

muntjac

B&Q buckets
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 20:51 »
no worries about my dogs having baths .... sugar soap and sea make a great excuse foir it  :wink:

cleya

qwesta

bramble( velcro)

brook

old bramble
still alive /............

sclarke624

B&Q buckets
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 23:07 »
They're gorgeous doggies.

Trillium

B&Q buckets
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 23:18 »
You're all lucky you can get your dogs wet. My purebred lab is terrified of the bath and flat out refuses to go anywhere near the ponds or lake for fear of getting wet. Go figure that one  :?

sclarke624

B&Q buckets
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 00:39 »
Trillium Whats he like in the rain .

Trillium

B&Q buckets
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 04:30 »
My big black furry chicken cowers under the doorway overhang begging to be let in out of the rain. She won't go out in it unless dragged. And we hardly ever get thunderstorms here so that's not the problem. Oddly enough, my last 2 dogs (a lab cross and a bearded collie) were also terrified of the rain. Can tell you that I felt awfully stupid standing out in the rain trying to coax them out for piddles. I kept getting these 'what an idiot you are getting soaked out there' looks.

mkhenry

B & Q Buckets.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 19:50 »
Lovely looking dogs Munty. A Credit to you.  Re cheap buckets. When my handle broke off I was lucky.  My next door neighbour is a Plastic Surgeon. :shock:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

liz from the fizz

• Experienced Member
B&Q buckets
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 22:26 »
Munty your mutts are just delightful. They deserve a group hug.. :D
If you cant be a good example then you must  be a horrrible warning........

To sit on the fence is not an option

muntjac

B&Q buckets
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 22:32 »
oh they get group hugs lol , the chocolate one wont sleep on anybodies bed but wil the floor .now if my grand daughter comes she will go and lay right up close to her and if anyone comes in the room she growls until she knows who it is in the dark lol , she is the only dog jade wants to come and pick her up from school as well lol

mkhenry

When did "Organic" actually srart
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 21:27 »
You got a point there Munty.When did "Natural" become "Organic" For thousands of years People grew plants.  They learned to select the best for seed and used every trick in the book to make them grow bigger and better.  Genetic modification at its best.   Then somebody started to cover everything in chemicals.  Often deadly poison.   But that was at least a couple of hundred years ago.   We seem to have only just woken up to this fact. :idea:

xx
30L Buckets

Started by RookieJim on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2012, 22:54
by Auntiemogs
xx
Flower buckets

Started by Rangerkris on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 18:53
by ftaggrower
xx
Plastic buckets

Started by seadart on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post July 21, 2007, 19:59
by weeeed
xx
Black buckets

Started by Hadakare on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2015, 10:09
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 35 queries.