Slow cooker Choc Lava Pudding

(1/3) > >>

mumofstig:
A self saucing chocolate pudding.
Pudding ingredients
1 cup of plain flour
3 tablespns cocoa powder
6 tablespns butter )
1/4 cup choc chips) melted together in microwave for 1 min, stirred.
1/4 teaspn salt
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspns vanilla extract
Topping ingredients
6 tablespns cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown or muscavado sugar
1 1/2 cups hot (but not boiling) water
Method
Whisk dry pudding ingredients together, make a well in the centre.
Add milk, egg, melted butter/choc mix and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
Spoon batter mix into the bottom of slowcooker.
For topping, whisk cocoa and the 2 different sugars together and then sprinkle the mix over the batter.
Gently pour the hot water over the back of a spoon and onto the top. DO NOT STIR.
Cook on high for 2 hrs. ( recipe says can also cook for 4 hrs on low - but I didn't try that)

There will be a saucy/sticky layer at the bottom when you spoon it out - just lush with a scoop of vanilla icecream.

New shoot:
I'm back in the office this morning with access to a printer, so this one has been printed out pdq  ;)

I have a tough couple of days starting later on today at job no. 2, so I'm thinking midweek treat on Wednesday.  I'm already looking forward to it  :D  :D  :D

madcat:
This is in the Christmas feast pile - when the diet stops ....  What size slo cooker did you use to get the balance of pudding and sauce right?  I dont want to end up with a thin biscuit.

mumofstig:
The inside measurement across the oval shape of my slow-cooker is 24cm, and it made a pudding about 5cm deep. The bottom layer was decidedly sticky, rather than being a separate sauce IYKWIM.

snowdrops:
Thanks mum I’ll try that for pud tonight when my daughter visits, but I’ll use soya milk or soya cream to make it dairy free

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version