My Muddy Breakfast

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

My Muddy Breakfast
« on: November 13, 2018, 11:00 »
A few weeks ago I applied to go on a study for using flavonoids, mostly commonly found in dark chocolate via cocoa.   This is supposed to increase blood flow and thus help Raynauds sufferers.
Given that I don't drink any milk, I thought about how to take cocoa.   About 11 am ish, breakfast is bran flakes, with a spoon of raisins soaked in very hot water, and a shake of cinnamon powder.   Now its got a heaped tsp of cocoa powder mixed in as well.   Looks like a muddy mess, but it tastes lovely, very choccy and bitter with a sweetness from the raisins.  Now instead of the prunes and apricots on top, I have them about 4pm when my energy level drops.
What is your breakfast menu ?  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Fairy Plotmother

Re: My Muddy Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 14:27 »
Just plain cereal (Cheerios or fruit n fibre) in milk and a cup of tea for me.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 16:01 »
On Saturday I treat myself to an iced bun or a Danish pastry, the rest of the week it's porridge made with dried milk, I then add any of the following - berries, apple, dried fruits and walnuts, butter, honey - whatever I fancy on that day  :D
I usually eat  'breakfast' at about 11am and then don't eat anything else 'til 6.30pm teatime, it seems to work for me.

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 19:09 »
For me home cured bacon and egg on toast with mushrooms / black pudding and two mugs of tea
while i read the papers,,,
Colin

hamstergbert

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 11:19 »
Love porage made with 50/50 milk and water with pinch of salt but generally only have that if MRs HGB can be persuaded to have some too otherwise can't be faffed to make it for one when she has one of the various cereal choices.

Occasionally especially in mild weather a scoop of plain yoghurt with chopped up peach when in season (or mango, persimmon or what have you but only when yellow-labelled at the supermarket)

Sometimes 50/50 mix of bran flakes and wholewheat muesli (nicer than it may sound to some) or couple of slices toast and marmalade when particularly decadent.

On virtuous days, half a grapefruit followed by one slice well done toast, no butter just a smear of marmite (and the other half grapefruit and same slice forms lunch on those virtuous days).  Only do this a few days at a run as it may upset Mrs HGB who is not allowed grapefruit due to the pharmaceutical load she ships on a daily basis so I tend on those days to down the grapefruit standing up in the kitchen - neither classy nor healthy!

In common with many I only ever have cooked breakfast these days when staying in a hotel for a night or two!
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

xx
The Royal Breakfast

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post January 18, 2020, 20:51
by New shoot
xx
Carers on Breakfast TV.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 13, 2024, 17:45
by wighty

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 35 queries.