My four legged friend comes to stay

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

My four legged friend comes to stay
« on: November 12, 2018, 14:32 »
Some of you will know that for about 8 years I have been a dog hostess.   Many dogs have come to stay with me for their holiday when the owners go away.
Many of them have been to me lots of times, sometimes 2 or 3 visits a year.  Whatever the doggie does at home, that's what they do with me.  The owner brings the food, and everything else that will be needed, and if doggie sleeps on bed, I have a huge king-size flat sheet, that covers my bed.
When my Darling OH died, I carried on doing it for a while, but then decided to resign.
EXCEPT for 'Bubbles' (you've got to feel sorry for a dog with that name  :D)  She is a toffee coloured miniature Poodle, (not the very smallest, they are Toys).   She has arrived this morning, we played with teddy and ball for 10 mins, and now she is lying on one of her beds, with her legs in the air.

One very happy and pampered pooch,   she is gorgeous.   :) :)  Mrs Bouquet 
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: My four legged friend comes to stay
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 16:20 »
Some furry company for you Mrs B  :D

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 17:21 »
We've had dogs (and cats, horses and ponies!) in our lives for most of our 51 years of marriage. I just couldn't imagine life without our four-legged companions

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 22:09 »
 talking of four legged friends a fellow plot holder John was walking to the allotments when he spotted a cat being dumped out of a car on a busy road he run and picked up the cat of the road and took it down to  his little garden shed after making it comfortable he went home and fetched it some food and drink

John adopted the cat and named it Felix who lived in his little allotment shed john thought the world of Felix then John had a massive stroke so johns wife fetched Felix up to there hose but after a couple of days Felix went missing after much searching Felix turned up at his little shed down the allotments arrangements where made to feed Felix

when john got a little better he wanted to go down the allotments being in a wheelchair john was taken down through the cemetery but he was unable to get the wheelchair through the gate as he sat there looking at his plot his four legged friend jumped onto the wheelchair and sat on Johns lap very emotional for John pleased to say Felix is still at his allotments home and its hoped John will on his feet and back on the plot next year fingers crossed 

xx
A friend in need.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 21, 2023, 09:03
by Goosegirl
xx
And if you've got to mow; mow now, or else you'll have to stay all night...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 06, 2018, 14:59
by digger1
xx
Stay safe in the heat

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post July 20, 2022, 21:00
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 40 queries.