Waste Bin Liners

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Waste Bin Liners
« on: November 11, 2018, 12:58 »
Is anybody else like me, I have a small cupboard with all sort of kitchen waste bin liners - all sizes, all types, hardly any of them are the right size.   I find buying them a mine-field.   They seem to tell me that they will hold 'X Amount of Litres of Rubbish'.   I have never weighed my rubbish.  How do I know what it weighs.  All I want is one that fits my bin.  Its a Curver and is 'D' shaped so the flat back is against the wall.
How can it be so difficult.  Obviously quite easily, all my friends say the same as me.
Do you know a way to overcome this dilemma ?     :wacko:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Waste Bin Liners
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 15:25 »
I now use just a small waste bin under my sink unit.  It only holds about one or two days' worth of rubbish and I have stopped using plastic liners.  Just empty the contents directly into the council waste bin and rinse out.  I saw pictures of a waste tip some on tv some little while ago, and it struck me how many plastic bin bags we use once and then dispose of, adding mountains of unnecessary plastic to the waste mountain.  My mum never used one, everything just went straight into the dustbin, and I'm sure that waste disposed of without bags must decompose much more quickly.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 15:31 »
Fill it up with water and then empty with a litre jug - then you will know how many litres it holds and which size bag to buy.

If it's like this one - you can see which size bag is sold to go with it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Curver-Metal-Effect-Plastic-Silver-x/dp/B003N9CM7Y

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 15:38 »
We empty into a large ice cream tub on the drained then decent into main bin at the end of the day. You could do without liners by lining your bin with newspaper instead . Worked for us.

Christine

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 17:50 »
Years ago I bought a fancy small dustbin from Habitat I think for kitchen rubbish and most of the charity bags that come through the door fit it.

I've seen lots of bags put out full round the village and never collected so feel that it's very charitable to fill them up with rubbish for the dustman rather than waste them.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 18:33 »

I've seen lots of bags put out full round the village and never collected so feel that it's very charitable to fill them up with rubbish for the dustman rather than waste them.

I have seen that around our village as well, and do the same as you.   Didn't have anything for Kidney Research this week,  so their bag is going out to the dustbin right now -    Mrs B

xx
NHS Waste.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 21, 2020, 19:48
by wighty
xx
No waste in the NHS.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2022, 10:50
by hasbeans
xx
Soap waste

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post November 09, 2023, 11:04
by Hortic
xx
food waste

Started by chrissie B on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post December 12, 2017, 13:48
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 36 queries.