Eating and Drinking > Cooking, Storing and Preserving

Unripe figs

(1/3) > >>

snowdrops:
Yesterday I cleared my fig tree of unripe figs & there’s quite a haul, anybody have any ideas of what I can make with them. I googled & there’s an unripe fig ‘jam’ that looks ok, but before I invest any time into them anybody else do anything that’s worth trying please?

Yorkie:
This thread from 2010 appeared at the bottom of the page in the list of similar threads.

snowdrops:
Thank you I’ve aken a look, interesting Mum about the bee stings, must take 1 out with me just in case.

sunshineband:
If you have any left still you can try green figs in rose syrup. Whatever you do, make sure you soak them in two changes of cold water and then boil them to remove all that white latex before beginning to turn them into something luscious

snowdrops:
Thanks Sunny.
I’ve decided to go with this recipe for fig jam, it says about the boiling x 2 & squeezing to get rid of’bad Taste’ . After a couple of days of them sitting in a bowl on the side a few have gorn orf so I’m left with 740g. I’ve washed & snipped the stalks off as they had stopped dripping the sap. They’re boiling for the first time now.
Take a look at the pictures on the link I’ve posted  they look luscious, not a jam at all really
https://www.giverecipe.com/unripe-fig-jam/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version