Estate Agents !

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Estate Agents !
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:27 »
Having changed to a different one to sell Mum's bungalow (next door to me).  I said, no dogs, definitely no cats, and no kids.    So who does she send, a woman with 2 horses (no problem), 2 German S Dogs, and 5 CATS..   Oh she loves it (hasn't sold her own), and wants to make an offer !!!  I told the Agents NO NO, please listen to what I am saying - I still want to live here.    :mad:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Estate Agents !
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 13:00 »
Send her up ere to me old dears, have what she wants we dont care  ;)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 15:48 »
Sorry to say, but you really can't control what people do next door :(

They might arrive with no cat or dogs and buy them next year. They could arrive with no children, go on to produce 2 who turn into screaming/swearing teenagers before you know it.

So even if you sell to 'nice' people who fit your criteria they can change - or sell the house to anyone who wants to buy it.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 19:37 »
I have a buy-back clause in place with the Solicitor.   So I have first option to it, if they want to move.    That will not put prospective buyers off, because if they ever want to go, they have a ready made buyer, and no commission to pay out and the inconvenience of viewers etc.  Mrs Bouquet

hamstergbert

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 12:26 »
Wanting apparently to limit who can buy a property can lead to accusations of discrimination...

https://youtu.be/0YM9Ereg2Zo
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 17:24 »
I’m afraid you can’t pick and choose who you might sell to. 🤔 It’s discrimination which is against the law. 😬

hamstergbert

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 19:53 »
I’m afraid you can’t pick and choose who you might sell to. 🤔 It’s discrimination which is against the law. 😬

But you can legally decide to accept or decline any particular offer.
In a similar manner, my business services costs are different for different types of potential client businesses.  For certain types the costs are so ridiculously high - deliberately - that if they were determined to enter into a contract on that basis there would be enough in the numbers to be able to subcontract everything but the invoicing!

So if you want to buy my house and I don't want to sell it to you your offer may have to be very, very large indeed - ridiculously so!   Good luck with getting a mortgage for instant 999% negative equity!

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 21:20 »

But you can legally decide to accept or decline any particular offer.
In a similar manner, my business services costs are different for different types of potential client businesses.  For certain types the costs are so ridiculously high - deliberately - that if they were determined to enter into a contract on that basis there would be enough in the numbers to be able to subcontract everything but the invoicing!

So if you want to buy my house and I don't want to sell it to you your offer may have to be very, very large indeed - ridiculously so!   Good luck with getting a mortgage for instant 999% negative equity!
You can of course refuse an offer ......I omitted that bit 🙄 could take longer to sell!

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 41 queries.