Richmoor Compost from MOrrisons

• 8 Replies

brokenglass

• Experienced Member
Richmoor Compost from MOrrisons
« on: August 15, 2018, 17:55 »
I bought the above and have found it to be less than worthless.   Peppers and Chiles have just failed to grow in this medium, they find it hard to penetrate the so called compost.    The first batch I purchased was used for Tomatoes and Cucumbers they have grown as normal the second batch has failed almost completely.

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Incidentally I emailed Morrisons and they have advised ne they will pass on my complaint to their Supplier they also offered me some points and vouchers on my More Card.   I have asked how this will help my failed season.
Do you really need al that lettuce/

Mr Dog

Re: Richmoor Compost from MOrrisons
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 20:26 »
I think it's the same stuff I bought from them a couple of years ago. First lot was fine, second pretty dire.

Dev

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:47 »
Our local Morrisons was selling 70 litre bags of compost - 3 for £9 last year. This year they seem to have withdrawn from the market as their garden section has been closed for a month now. I used it for some pots for flowers and they seemed OK, and I also used it as a top dressing for the allotment beds (no dig) which improved the soil texture.

brokenglass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05 »
First 3 bags were OK second lot were less that useless.   Contacted them and they thanked me for doing so and will pass on my complaint to help their supplier in the future.     They then promised me vouchers and points on my "more" card received 2 £ 5 vouchers today which just cover the costs of the bags but I have to spend such in Morrisons obviously not on compost!    My advice is to steer well clear of Morrisons when you purchase compost.

cmckeown

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 11:33 »
Its good to know this, I saw it on offer yesterday and I think it was 5 bags for £10.
Seems like a case of quantity over quality here.
I will probably spend my £10 on better quality peat free compost

Ann Devine

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 19:29 »
Hi. My daughter bought Richmoor compost a month or more ago and it was lovely and fine clean compost. Earlier this week she said it was on offer 5 x 40litre bags for £10. She got us 5 bags each. I opened one of mine today, as I planned to spend the day planting lots of flower seed,  its was horrible with lots of shards of wood that were far from rotted down, bits of plastic and lumps of I dont know what that I couldn't break down so they ended in the rubbish.
All in all we have 10 bags between us that will only be good for digging into the border - certainly not multi purpose. Cant find an address kn the bag and daughter has t kept the receipt so we are stuck with stuff that is not fit for purpose.
IMG-20210402-WA0003.jpeg

geordiekev

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 10:45 »
I bought some of this stuff last year during lockdown, when I was desperate for compost. Absolute rubbish. Dumped the 3 bags on to my borders. No good for germinating seeds or indeed planting anything in because very little germinated and plants didn't thrive. This year seeing their offer (5 bags for £10!) I was not tempted. Someone had ripped open a bag and the contents looked like bark chippings not composted down, probably straight off the peat fields.

Tim Cooper

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 15:46 »
Wish i'd been here 6 months ago!
I've used the Richmoor multi purpose for tomatoes and cukes this year, terrible stuff, you get what you pay for and i didn't pay enough.
Tomatoes are dying prematurely so i'll plant on into something else where i have any continuing growth.
Luckily the bare soil crop is doing well and it's been cool enough to keep blight away!

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 11:17 »
I've been using Jack's Magic for a few years and find it good. It's not worth buying cheap stuff as you often get what you pay for and waste a whole year's worth of effort and produce.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Richmoor or Westlands M/P compost?

Started by Goldfinger on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 09:58
by Goldfinger
xx
Morrisons compost bags?

Started by casper on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 14:35
by casper
xx
Morrisons

Started by kingdhesiii on Grow Your Own

46 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 19:24
by Paul Plots
xx
Morrisons cut and come salad

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 20, 2013, 12:14
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 36 queries.