Maths question please ?

• 13 Replies

mrs bouquet

Maths question please ?
« on: June 02, 2018, 11:31 »
I only do feet, inches and yards, but I have managed to work out that the square metres of my patio is 61.87.
This is my next wet and forget project and the bottle says it covers 30 litres.  I can't work that out, far too difficult  :lol: :lol: So will this be enough to cover the patio, or will I need more.  Thanks, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Maths question please ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 12:09 »
I'm assuming you've either bought an extremely large bottle, or that it makes 30 litres when diluted for use.  :unsure:

Assuming it's the latter, what's missing is the number of litres per square metre you apply it at - the calculation should be quite easy if you know that.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 12:39 »
The bottle is 5 litres and it is, as you say, when diluted coverage.  It doesn't say anymore other than to cover.
When I did the front I used a can with a double drizzle bar, and just went over it so it looked wet, I didn't soak it.  So anymore advice will be appreciated.  thanks Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 12:44 »
Wet & Forget is concentrated therefore dilute Wet & Forget 1 part to 5 parts water. Every 5 litre pack yields 30 litres of product to spray. With this you will get coverage of between 100 - 300 sq m depending on the porosity of the surface ie painted surfaces will use less but porous surfaces readily absorb the product and therefore coverage could be in the range of 100-150sq m. We recommend using a garden sprayer.

Source: https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/faqs/

Sounds like you've got plenty Mrs. B. - hope it works!  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 16:36 »
Thanks for your answer.  I just cannot due modern sums  :( regards Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 12:01 »
I'm ok doing sums with litres as I worked in a lab, but wasn't with centimetres until I came up with this solution. Say you want to convert 30 centimeters into inches, divide by 5 then multiply by 2; so 30 divided by 5 = 6 and 6 x 2 = 12 inches.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11 »
I'm ok doing sums with litres as I worked in a lab, but wasn't with centimetres until I came up with this solution. Say you want to convert 30 centimeters into inches, divide by 5 then multiply by 2; so 30 divided by 5 = 6 and 6 x 2 = 12 inches.

Or, slightly easier, divide by 10 and multiply by 4. Dividing by 10 is one of the most trivial calculations to do in your head, thanks to our metric numerical system.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 12:16 »
Thanks for your sums tables.  I can do one or the other, but it is the conversions I struggle with, so thanks again. And to the gentleman in Horsham, would you like to pop down to Findon Village and do it for me  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  thanks again, Mrs Bouquet

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 12:19 »
Sorry, apologies, that should read to the lady or gentleman in Horsham !!  :blush: :blush: Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 11:30 »

Or, slightly easier, divide by 10 and multiply by 4. Dividing by 10 is one of the most trivial calculations to do in your head, thanks to our metric numerical system.

Both are handy approximations, but don't use either if you're planning on building a space rocket (30cm is actually 11.811 inches.)  Lots of simple online calculators available if your project requires real accuracy, although spraying moss killer on a patio probably isn't one of them!   :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 16:25 »
Dividing by 10 and multiplying by 4 is the same as dividing by 5 and multiplying by 2 (i.e. 10 divided by 2 = 5. 4 divided by 2 = 2). I agree it isn't mathematically accurate so please don't use this at home if you're trying to emulate Richard Branson by building a space projectile in your garage, though it could be useful if you don't take into the equation that you have enough door space to actually get it out!  :lol:

Mr Dog

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 12:07 »

Both are handy approximations, but don't use either if you're planning on building a space rocket (30cm is actually 11.811 inches.)  Lots of simple online calculators available if your project requires real accuracy, although spraying moss killer on a patio probably isn't one of them!   :lol:

Altgough it would still give a much closer approximation than when someone at NASA confused Km with miles......

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 14:29 »
I'm not going to expand the maths replies, but I am interested in how effective you're finding this product. I have been using a Karcha on our patio but it just doesn't shift the very stubborn patches of litchen, or whatever it is.
I've considered wet & forget for the past few years but am having trouble justifying the cost. I've tried pretty much every other method from household bleach to sulphuric acid with zero impact.

At the risk of causing another outbreak of outrage, any thoughts of posting some "before and after" pictures. It might be good to see some real results as opposed to the glossy brochure perfect images.....not that I'm saying that your results won't be perfect...etc...etc......or that you need to post any pictures to justify your use of the product. In fact if you're happy with the effect it has on your patio, that's absolutely fine.

I hope all is progressing well with your R&R

Br.

P.S. I've just remembered you've already said you've not grasped picture posting, it can be a bit of a hurdle, it was for me.
Perhaps there could be a thread for people to experiment with posting pics, just a place where non techs could try posting random images till they get the hang of it?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 15:17 »
I have actually had a personal message from one of us, about pictures, to which I must reply.So maybe one day soon.
About W and F, So far I have only used it on the pebbles and cobbles at the front.  Unfortunately it hasn't rained yet, but I think I can see a very slight improvement.
I want to do my patio next, but other jobs keep prioritising, but I'll get there.  We have used a patio cleaning machine before, and didn't find it totally removed all the staining.  I don't want to really do that again, because it wears the surface away, and so makes it better for everything to get a hold.
I am assured by many folk that patience is the key with this product, (of which I don't have much) but its done now, so I shall wait and see.  Good luck, regards Mrs Bouquet

xx
A simple question...

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 06, 2023, 20:25
by snowdrops
xx
Another quiz question

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post October 11, 2020, 10:37
by jezza
xx
A medical question

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post March 24, 2023, 14:46
by mrs bouquet
xx
General question?

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2023, 11:03
by John

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 36 queries.