hip operation done

• 21 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: hip operation done
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 12:34 »
I found layin on my back for 6 weeks the hardest part, but I had 23 staples and they were so sore,  the physio told me to put a pillow each side of me and one under my knees.  That did help a lot.  If you try to turn over, I soon stopped and woke up, it was too painful.
I am sooo glad you are making progress, lay back and enjoy it, and let them run around after you.  Have a nice weekend, regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 14:56 »
I am glad the surgeon i had this time does not like using staples,last time i had 45,oh boy they were nasty to live with,this time i have s stitches i think, i have not seem the zip mark yet they do not like the dressing taken off for 10-14 days,they did not send me out with any staple removers.
 I have had a slow amble round the garden and down the drive,and i have looked in the greenhouse every thing seems happy being bathed in sunshine :)including me.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 16:16 »
Isn't it interesting, I had two different surgeons do mine.  The first used glue.  nothing else, and it is really hard to see the scar.  the district nurse came to take the clips out, and said, - oh no, I can't take them out -
why, I cried - there aren't any, she replied. (true as I sit here)  :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

LILLILEAF

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 20:58 »
guess what this sounds like lack of communication again,when i was in the hospital they kept saying i have to have a test to make sure I'm not pregnant :lol: :lol:,it was soo funny,they had not read my notes i have had those bits and piece's removed i said,the look on the faces was priceless.
 So after much delay the op went ahead .Lillileaf

madcat

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 10:21 »
,they had not read my notes

They seem to pride themselves on not reading notes!!  Grrr.   >:(  We had real problems with my Dad - they kept trying to give him aspirin, which would have killed him.  All in his notes ... they spend hours writing them, but no-one actually reads them. 
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 14:10 »
Ah - the evil staples  :mad: :mad: :mad: but the pillows either side and one under your knee helped a lot. When I have my other hip done I'll see if they have any sterile blue-tack rather than go through that again as I'm sure not a wuss when it comes to pain but that was something else! Glad you're not about to give birth as that would have made medical history, presuming there is only one Lilyleaf and if someone wrote it down in your notes and someone else read it!  :lol: Re- lack of communication, all was well until I was discharged from the Nuffield hospital and had an appointment to go to the local NHS dressings clinic to get them changed. After struggling to get out of the car, and walking inside with my crutches in intense pain, I was told I wasn't on their list plus they didn't have any dressings to give out. What the ****? A very kind nurse looked at the expression on my face and said something like "On the point of a very severe reprimand or even losing my job, come into this room and I'll sort out your dressings." Tell you what, if she'd had any back-lash from doing that I would have been waiting on the doorstep of the local newspaper office to let them know in no uncertain terms.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 12:15 »
Thankfully they have given me dressings to take with me just in case,i am sure they will want to cover it up for a while.
Last night was total torture, i am having a bad day struggling to keep my eyes open today pills help in one way and they don' help in another,i shall go for a slow walk in the garden this will help to wake me up.

xx
hip operation 3 weeks on

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 13:24
by Goosegirl
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 10:33
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
finally hip operation in sight

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post May 21, 2018, 14:38
by Goosegirl
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2018, 13:55
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 41 queries.