Frost incoming??

• 1 Replies

Silva

Frost incoming??
« on: May 14, 2018, 18:49 »
After some lovely sunshine I can see there is frost forecast for the East Midlands on Wednesday and Thursday night  :( : https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/frostrisk.asp?zipcode=Nottingham&locationID=57073&lat=53&lon=-1.2&findtype=

It's a shame as everything was really starting to come to life on the plot, seedlings I'd given up hope on have started to show and I've already planted two of my courgettes out. Does anyone else have frost forecast? What precautions should be taken if so? I will probably have to fleece some items. Not sure if I will have to move my plastic greenhouse toms, peppers etc as it does get very hot in there in the sun, so I might be able to store enough heat in there to ride it out? Or maybe it's just a false alarm? (trying to be hopeful!).

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Frost incoming??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08 »
You can only check your forecasts nearer the time, is Metcheck accurate for your area? it wasn't for me.

We have some 6s and 7s forecast, so hope we'll scrape through with no damage - stuff under plastic/fleece should be ok - because the cold should be short lived at this time of year (probably only a couple of hours just before dawn)
Luckily I've nothing tender planted out yet.

Good luck everyone.

xx
First frost.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 10, 2022, 18:23
by Growster...
xx
Early for First Frost?

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 05, 2021, 18:04
by Growster...
exclamation
Frost warning for Sunday night!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post November 13, 2017, 12:27
by Aled

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 36 queries.