Chatting > Chatting on the Plot

mobile phone coverage

(1/4) > >>

LILLILEAF:
Hi Everyone
 I have just bought my first smart phone,i want to do sim only deal,but living on Anglesey coverage is very limited,what they say on the different sites for their coverage is way off to what you get,any one else having trouble like me?
 I have not signed to any thing yet,who do i go with its all very confusing :ohmy:what do i do???.Lillileaf

rowbow:
Go to the pub or club and ask others?  8)

Lardman:
I have trouble here (I didn't until they put a transmitter at the end of the road !  :mad: ) 

The online maps are getting better but still aren't good enough to pick a provider on. The best thing you can do is get a few PAYG sim cards from the providers and try them. Most can be ordered online just for giving them your details.  There aren't actually that many signal providers as they sell their services to other phone providers, for example IIRK Virgin, Tesco and EE all use the same network.

For what it's worth, I ended up running the phone over the wifi in the house it's more reliable.

madcat:

--- Quote from: rowbow on April 22, 2018, 09:04 ---Go to the pub or club and ask others?  8)

--- End quote ---

That is pretty much what I did - I went into the village shop on a Saturday, when it is staffed by youngsters and asked what worked.  I was sure that the teenage grapevine would have figured out the best network and phone combination.  And 17 yr olds are so rarely asked for advice by oldies that they couldnt have been more helpful.   :)

(PS the answer was Virgin or 3, because they were both on a mast at the fire station.  Voda and O2 = rubbish, EE expensive.  Then we got into the Samsung vs Apple debate ..  :ohmy:)

Veg Plot 1B:
There is no mobile signal at home but I have broadband.
Using Three and Three in Touch (app) I can use mobile at home.

I would suspect other providers have ways to do this as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version