Growing > General Gardening

Heart gladdening flowers

(1/10) > >>

New shoot:
My nomination today is primroses.  Just the plain simple yellow ones are my favourites and are like dots of pure sunshine in the garden.

It is even better to see them doing so well, as I found them in the communal dumping ground at the plot.  I saw a single flower peeping out, investigated and unearthed a whole heap that someone had weeded out and chucked away.

Its like they are saying 'Thank you for rescuing us'  :D

RJR_38:
I love daffodils for this - especially the bright yellow ones (rather than the paler lemon ones). Something about the colour after a great winter really cheers me up

mumofstig:
I brought a couple of tiny primrose off-shoots back when we holidayed in Cornwall, about 5 years ago. They grew and I have patches of them all over the sunny side of my garden now  :)

Bright blue Anemone Blanda has just started flowering now, absolutely gorgeous  :) but there's never enough of it - despite me planting corms every year. It's a shame that it is obviously not that happy in my clay soil :(

Veg Plot 1B:
I to like the primroses, there is a small bunch on the side of the ditch on the way to the plot. They look so lonely all on their own when further up there are loads of daffodils.

rowlandwells:
when we went tour local nursery a couple of weeks ago  they where selling polyanthus £3.00 a tray of 15 some where out in flower some where still green but started to bud up couldn't understand why they hadn't sold there now coming out in fabulous colours well worth buying two trays just for the colour when we went  back the other they had all gone maybe they didn't sell because of the wet weather

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version