Bloomin weather!

• 6 Replies

jambop

Bloomin weather!
« on: April 11, 2018, 17:14 »
This has been the worst weather I can remember from my time living in France. I don't think there has been a week since md November when we have not has rain. Even if the rain stopped now, and the forecast says it won't, it would be May at the earliest before I would be able to get my potatoes and onions into the ground it is so wet. Of course the problem here is that it can then get very hot and the potatoes just don't want to know then. I reckon every thing will be about four or even six weeks later than an average year. Not only is it wet it is cold I will only just be thinning some of my tomatoes out into pots at the weekend, they are normally well on their way by now. I just can take it any more  :lol:

edit to clarify title
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:41 by mumofstig »

grinling

Re: When ...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 20:28 »
Ground is saturated here, which is causing a slight problem with the septic tank. Standing water on most of the fields which is a problem for lambing. Sunshine next week.

Goosegirl

Re: When will it stop raining ...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 15:22 »
Continual rain dampens not only the ground but also the spirit. I believe that nature has her own way of sorting things out so don't panic. I've only got garlic and shallots (planted last October), plus my onion sets in my raised beds, but now the weather is starting to warm up I'll plant my potatoes and sow some beetroot, carrots, sugar-snap peas and beans next week. They'll all catch up.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 18:18 »

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 09:19 »
 "O that's why we haven't got any sunshine down hear in midlands its all up the north possibly Lancashire so please  let us have our sun back tomorrow if possible Goosegirl

"are I must remember to sort out my sunglasses tomorrow because its been so long since I seen the sun shine by the way is it still a yellow colour I said yesterday it not bad weather for November then I remembered its April I think  :lol:

al78

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 21:04 »
It seems to be another of those long periods where those of us in southern England in need of some sunshine  need to holiday in the Outer Hebrides.

There is some good news. Due to the dreadful attempt at Spring so far, the season will be thrown out and replaced with summer. Warm sunshine, dry and temperatures low to mid 20's C for the upcoming week and into next weekend.

jambop

Bloomin weather!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:04 »
We had a lovely weekend nice and dry with a stiffish breeze which had started to dry the ground out nicely. So I had high hopes for a week of getting my ground sorted out and my spuds in... it has rained constantly for the past six hours and is still doing so now! So that it for at least another week  >:( I don't know what the heck has happened to the weather I really don't. These things are sent to try your spirit  :lol: it would not be so bad if the soil was a type that drained and dried out quickly but my ground just take ages to come right after all the rain we have had. Even though it is going to be glorious for the next three days the ground will be unworkable!

xx
Bloomin weather!

Started by jambop on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2019, 19:07
by rowlandwells
xx
What was your weather like

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2019, 11:06
by Goosegirl
xx
What's the weather like where you are? 2023

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

1510 Replies
Last post January 03, 2024, 00:50
by Subversive_plot
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 41 queries.