Eating and Drinking > Kitchen Natter

RIchard bertinet bread method

(1/3) > >>

chrissie B:
Hi all i bought a mag for my trip to see the terracotta worriers fantastic by the way .
and in was an artical by richard bertinet and his method for the kneadind of bread which i a slap and fold method , its quiet a moist dough and you weigh the water , oviously hes had a lot of practice as mine was all over the place he said it wouldnt stick too long to my fingers but got so bad i had to wash my hands , it was the first time , ive sent for the book so im hoping , is anyone using this method and is it working out for them .
chrissie b

Toosje:
I am experimenting with 'wet' sour dough.

Every week I sell products on a farmers market and my neighbor is a baker. What he does is, make a fairly wet dough, let it rise at 8 degrees for 24 to 48 hours, press it flat, fill up steel ... shapes? and let them rise again over night and on the day of baking he takes them out to bake. What I noticed is 1: he uses a big kneader for kneading so no sticky hands, 2: He uses a lot of oil the second time, so the dough will let go of the shape very easy..

I don't think it matters wether you take ml or weigh the water because it is the same. What I learned through the years is when you use some one else's recipe it is possible your dough will be to wet or to dry. Flour is very sensitive to humidity or drought. So take the water, but don't plunge everything in your heap of flour wright a way.. (or is it right? I am never sure).

Good luck!

chrissie B:
First one was very wet almost like a ciabatta  its took ages to rise it has very little yeast in it for a liol of flour then i was reading an artical for 500g flour did the same but it had more yeast managed to get a shape oout the second one and it almost over taken the first  i should have waited for the book but patience not my strong suit.
chrissie b

chrissie B:
Ok its finally out and almost cooled and i have to say ive never been so dissapointed in anything ive cooked they are literly like bricks , not hard But hardley a rise in them its been a waste of a whole day and im knackered my hubby has begged me to go back to the old recipe , i will wait for the book and try again .
chrissie b

chrissie B:
Well had some for breakfast and although the crust was nice and tasty any crunchy the rest was not up to standard so with a heavy heart and pleas from hubby to return to my origanal recipe i will wait for my book .
im sure the 2 recipes i got on line were wrong one had a teaspoon dried active yeast for a kilo of flour the other had fast action yeast and 10g salt for 500g
chrissie b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version