Poultry and Pets > Chicken Chat

RIP Alphie

(1/2) > >>

New shoot:
Well my little Alphie went to the henhouse in the sky.  He has had a dodgy heart from the start and has had many 'funny turns' over the years, pulling back from what seemed near death at times to amazing recovery.  Sadly his luck ran out and he died overnight on Monday.

I got home about tea-time and saw he wasn't great.  He came inside and seemed to revive, eating and drinking quite well, but he was 7 Last June and was an old boy.  I guess this time was just too much.

His girls seem fine without him.  Foggy is crowing and can't work out why there is no answering crow, but other than that life goes on. 

snowdrops:
Aww New Shoot, so sorry to read this, he really was a character wasn’t he, I’m sure you must be missing him but as you say he had a good life & came back from the brink a few times xx

sunshineband:
Oh you will miss him for sure  :( :( :(

Alphie had a character far larger than his size, and the garden must not be the same without him.

New shoot:
I will miss him  :(  but he had over 7 years of life he wasn't going to have.  He was collected from the breeder, together with Foggy, the day he was due to be culled.

Given that, his dicky ticker and the fact he landed on his feet with me and was a spoiled little man, I reckon he did OK  :)

sunshineband:
More than OK, I reckon. He had a life filled with meal worms, strawberries and grapes, as well as a flotilla of girls, and Foggy to keep him on his toes

What cockerel could ask for more?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version