Only 9 years left to save our footpaths

• 1 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Only 9 years left to save our footpaths
« on: January 03, 2018, 17:33 »
The process which path workers all over England and Wales have used since the first definitive maps appeared in the 1950s, and which has steadily extended our freedoms everywhere, will become a dead letter. The ancient legal maxim on which so many claimants have relied, ‘once a highway always a highway’, will be shattered. Unrecorded paths, even if they are still in use, could and often will be lost for ever.

#FindOurWay | Open Spaces Society
Make sure that the footpaths you commonly use are marked as such or they could soon be lost completely.
Lesley x
I'm not good, I'm not bad - I'm just me, and sometimes I have to apologise for that ;)

Growster...

Re: Only 9 years left to save our footpaths
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:40 »
The process which path workers all over England and Wales have used since the first definitive maps appeared in the 1950s, and which has steadily extended our freedoms everywhere, will become a dead letter. The ancient legal maxim on which so many claimants have relied, ‘once a highway always a highway’, will be shattered. Unrecorded paths, even if they are still in use, could and often will be lost for ever.

#FindOurWay | Open Spaces Society
Make sure that the footpaths you commonly use are marked as such or they could soon be lost completely.

Sorry I missed this Mum!

Parish Council here we come!

xx
Next few years, maybe...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post January 23, 2018, 18:03
by Growster...
xx
This years man flu ...

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post March 16, 2018, 10:44
by madcat
xx
Is it going to be one of those years again?

Started by al78 on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2018, 16:39
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 29 queries.